PDA

View Full Version : boost gauge

optimusprimer
Sunday 8th January 2006, 13:58
finally figured how to get my standard boost gauge working, it had been disconnected for some reason. now on idle it sits as in pic and on full chat goes to the red line.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/optimusprimer/gauge.jpg

now i know normally it sits in between the black and white and moves 2/3 into the white on full go. the only other one i have seen that acts like mine is a RICA'd one, does this mean mine has been played with too? it does wear a turbosystems badge on the back, i guess thats who tuned it?

Vikingxl
Sunday 8th January 2006, 15:34
You need to get it on a dyno to check it out really

optimusprimer
Sunday 8th January 2006, 18:49
i plan too but would this gauge behaviour be indicative of an ecu mod? or is something broken?

Mrsmopp
Sunday 8th January 2006, 19:12
If it had been TME'd, RICA'd or one of the more popular "upgrades" then you would expect to see the needle at the end of the white section. My 850 wasn't far off your red mark when she was completely stock so you either have a really good stock one or one thats been played with a little. Does it look as if the ecu has bee tampered with?

x

optimusprimer
Sunday 8th January 2006, 19:17
to be honest i have no idea, only had it a week so trying to come to terms with it and figure out the problems :dunce:

i prefer the idea of having a good one to one that has been played with! should the needle sit in the black on idle as stock?

Mrsmopp
Sunday 8th January 2006, 19:22
Yes @ idle the needle will sit in the black.

If its been well looked after and the turbo etc is all in good nic then there is no reason why it shouldn't be a good stock T5. Something else to bear in mind is that the stock boost gauge isn't 100% accurate and is really only a guide. If you want to know for sure what the boost is doing it might be worth investing in a good after market boost gauge.

x

optimusprimer
Sunday 8th January 2006, 19:25
sounds like its just stock then! i guess all it had from turbosystems was the sticker! i'll get it dyno'd before i get it RICA'd just in case :D

Jod T5
Sunday 8th January 2006, 19:34
sounds like its just stock then! i guess all it had from turbosystems was the sticker! i'll get it dyno'd before i get it RICA'd just in case :D
my 304 rica goes off the gauge... the other tail tail is that the wheels spin like fek....totally leathal in the wet....i span today at 70 in 4th.... :jaw: and its got a slight misfire
:haha:
wouln't sqap for anything :remybussi

Mrsmopp
Sunday 8th January 2006, 19:39

Where abouts are you? There may be a member with a boost gauge that you can plug in and see exactly what its doing which will save you the cost of having it dyno'd and will be more accurate

x

Mrsmopp
Sunday 8th January 2006, 19:42
my 304 rica goes off the gauge... the other tail tail is that the wheels spin like fek....totally leathal in the wet....i span today at 70 in 4th.... :jaw: and its got a slight misfire
:haha:
wouln't sqap for anything :remybussi

To be honest tho a really good stock T5 will seem a lot more aggressive than a RICA'd T5. A good stock T5 delivers the power so much differently (which isn't neccesarily a good) i was shreading more tyres in my 850 as stock than i was RICA'd

x

optimusprimer
Sunday 8th January 2006, 19:43
i'm in gainsborough, lincolnshire. i need to get it dyno'd really as it is alledged to have been fiddled with to 260bhp but i'm not convinced!

t5tart
Sunday 8th January 2006, 23:15
lol my other hlf lives in gainsborough ill be up there at the weekend

optimusprimer
Monday 9th January 2006, 08:21
cool, i'll keep my eyes peeled :D