PDA

View Full Version : 850/70 series A pillar Q?

BlackBeast
Sunday 8th January 2006, 01:23
Right, i need to know if the A pillar trim is indeed the same for the 850 and all of the phase 1 70 series cars? colour match doesnt matter just as long as the dimensions are exactly the same!

BlackBeast
Sunday 8th January 2006, 16:07
Anybody???

This is research for a 3 guage A pillar pod!

Moppy??? I think your the only one on the forum with an 850 and a 70 series!!!

mraldonnelly
Monday 9th January 2006, 12:25
Hi Blackbeast,

I'm not sure but if there are differences then they won't be huge.

Have you seen a three pod pillar mount designed for the 850 and you're wondering of it'll fit a x70? Or the other way round?

I think if we're talking about a pillar mount you shouldn't have a problem. If you're talking about replacing the actual pillar trim then MrsM may need to give input.

Regards

Andy

P.S. Where have you seen a three pod pillar mount? I want one - it p!sses me off the way the x70 doesn't have a boost guage.

BlackBeast
Monday 9th January 2006, 13:47
Hi Blackbeast,

I'm not sure but if there are differences then they won't be huge.

Have you seen a three pod pillar mount designed for the 850 and you're wondering of it'll fit a x70? Or the other way round?

I think if we're talking about a pillar mount you shouldn't have a problem. If you're talking about replacing the actual pillar trim then MrsM may need to give input.

Regards

Andy

P.S. Where have you seen a three pod pillar mount? I want one - it p!sses me off the way the x70 doesn't have a boost guage.

Same here mate, im p!ssed off too. There are no right hand drive A pillar pods made specifically for either 850 or 70 series cars. Now if the A pillar trim was the same for both 850 and phase 1 70 series then with all the work from Tomcat (thanks mate) we could get an universal 3 guage pod, bolt it to the a pillar trim, fiberglass, filler and smooth so there arent any joins visable and then make a mould from it and make as many copies as necessary. This would replace the standard A pillar trim.

For this to be viable, Tomcat needs at least 10 sales.

Thats why this thread was started. If the cars share the same trim then I think we can definately get 10 people interested.

Mrsmopp
Monday 9th January 2006, 14:06
Anybody???

This is research for a 3 guage A pillar pod!

Moppy??? I think your the only one on the forum with an 850 and a 70 series!!!

Sorry only just spotted this thread - will have a look later for you hun

x

mraldonnelly
Monday 9th January 2006, 14:28
Cooooooool!

What sort of cost are we talking about here?

If it's affordable then I'm up for that! Bearing in mind I'm in the process of buying another house though I'll probably have to wait a little while.

Regards

Andy

BlackBeast
Monday 9th January 2006, 15:00
Cooooooool!

What sort of cost are we talking about here?

If it's affordable then I'm up for that! Bearing in mind I'm in the process of buying another house though I'll probably have to wait a little while.

Regards

Andy

Andy, nothing has been finalised yet so i cant comment on price, this is just for research at the moment.

MrsMopps, thanks, its really appreciated :)

fireclown
Monday 9th January 2006, 15:19
hi i would be interested. thanks

BlackBeast
Monday 9th January 2006, 22:52
Sorry only just spotted this thread - will have a look later for you hun

x

Find anything Moppy???

Vikingxl
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 07:52
Find anything Moppy???
Dont be silly Moppy will be tucked up in bed from 9pm till lunchtime tomorrow

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 08:15
:slap: I knew I forgot something.......

I PROMISE I will do it tonight.....

x

Mrsmopp
Saturday 14th January 2006, 18:10
Forgive my pea brain its getting on a bit LOL

There is a very slight difference in the 70 pillar and the 850 pillar - the 70 pilar has 2 sides where as the 850 has 3 sides (its very slight) thats the only way really I can describe it - does it make sense?

x