PDA

View Full Version : Alarm fault

t51995
Saturday 7th January 2006, 21:18
When I press the key fob to lock the car and set the alarm on my 1995 T5, the doors seem to lock properly but the red light on the dash board does not illuminate or flash as it used to. I have checked all the doors, tailgate and bonnet and they are all shut. Anyone know of common faults that cause this and what to check. "Haynes" suggest taking the car to Volvo dealer!. There must be checks I can do! Thanks in advance.
:frown:

T5R+
Saturday 7th January 2006, 23:19
Ensure that when doors are closed that the lights are also out - especially on rear (red light) doors.

JimboT5
Sunday 8th January 2006, 12:34
I had this problem and it was because only one of the bonnet latches was locking properly, check to see if there is a gap between the headlight and the bonnet on one side.

t51995
Sunday 8th January 2006, 21:11
Thanks for the advice you two. I checked all the doors and the bonnet and then last of all the tailgate. The problem would seem to have been to do with the "boot" light, the one on the roof of the luggage area. For some reason moving the position of the light switch made all the difference! It's now working properly.
:)