PDA

View Full Version : Volvo ipod interface - I have it !!

CMJ
Saturday 7th January 2006, 20:11
As I learnt so much off this site thought I should post some useful info in return. Over Christmass was surprised to learn that Volvo had launched an ipod adapter for the V70 2000 > having just bought a 2003 V70r I thought great I would buy one. Fitted this week (the dealers first) it is absolutley FANTASTIC and sounds every bit as good as any CD. You can control from you steering wheel as well. I beleive it is a PhatNoise AutoPort details can be found on the volvo website as well as at www.phatnoise.com. This is probably the best aftermarket product I ever seen from any manufacturer. (Cost £180)

Kent Canary
Saturday 7th January 2006, 21:27
Great, thanks for posting this, there are a few other solutions out there however you appear to be the first OEM user! Happy motoring..

arbee
Sunday 8th January 2006, 01:01
how much! thats more than what i paid for a decent aftermarket headunit w`ith ipod interface!

mikezero
Sunday 8th January 2006, 17:43
how much! thats more than what i paid for a decent aftermarket headunit w`ith ipod interface!

u couldn't fit a after market headunit on the v70p2, s60's, cos the radio.cd etc, is all moulded into centre unit bit, and why would u, when it has such a excellent stereo as standard

thanks for info CMJ, might get that for my s60r and one those new ipods aswell!

hows the V70R going? enjoying the grip in the corners i hope!?

pyrotechnictigger
Sunday 8th January 2006, 18:15
I have a fantastic IPOD, its got all my favorite music, news, current affairs, endless chat about football and doesnt need to be connected to a computer.

Its a radio!

mikezero
Sunday 8th January 2006, 19:37
aww, shame

Vikingxl
Monday 9th January 2006, 08:20
Its good that people are starting to make these things available for what must be a very small market.

fraz13
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 14:56
Was this £180 fitted? If so what dealer fitted this???

Straker
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 16:27
I tunes converts mp3's to CD format and burns them to disk. Cheaper than that adapter and the CD's work in my old 850 CD multichanger.

mikezero
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 20:14
I tunes converts mp3's to CD format and burns them to disk. Cheaper than that adapter and the CD's work in my old 850 CD multichanger.

your missing the point! if u have a ipod, and u want it to work in your car, here's the answer, so u can play all your music, not just 4 cd's in volvo standard fit multi changer, can everyone stop going on about how much cheaper the radio or cd's are, i dont care! lol

Straker
Thursday 12th January 2006, 09:41
your missing the point! if u have a ipod, and u want it to work in your car, here's the answer, so u can play all your music, not just 4 cd's in volvo standard fit multi changer, can everyone stop going on about how much cheaper the radio or cd's are, i dont care! lol

I only have a shuffle (bought it a few months before the nano came out :slap: ) so Cd's are the way to go for me at the moment. I think a proper Ipod could be a good birthday present though....

CMJ
Saturday 14th January 2006, 20:38
Was this £180 fitted? If so what dealer fitted this???

Caffryns - eastbourne. First they had ever done and they weren't even sure they could order from Volvo yet. (PS - Great service from them also)

I forgot, this was the fitted price