PDA

View Full Version : Removing Aerial? how?

T5 newbie
Friday 6th January 2006, 16:22
Ok guys, since u were so knowledgeable and helpful last time i hope u dont mind another question...
My aerial wont retract fully and is in a semi up (can i say that! haha) state, i wanna put the car through the car wash and either want to know how to remove it or any other recommendations. Didnt get the car manual with the car so have nothing to consult about it. thanx again guys...

PS> just to add...its a 1999 C70 T5 GT :)

Wobbly Dave
Friday 6th January 2006, 16:31
You will need 2 peeps for this repair operation and a can of WD40 in the first instance.

Get the first person to operate the key or switch the radio on and off. Second person will need to hold the tip of the aerial and as the thing goes up and down spray and pull the top. Dont force it down - just be patient. They do get stuck occasionally.

If you are local to Brum I will help you with this repair - or if you are around on Sunday in Portsmouth - again I am happy to help.

Personally putting your car through a car wash is possibly the worst thing you can do for the paintwork in the long term, IMHO. The process scratches the lacquer and dulls the finish.

Come back to us - if you need help with replacing the aerial - i.e. removing the boot liner on the near side - I can give you instructions on that too.

Try the Rocket WD40 method first and see how you get on.

T5 newbie
Friday 6th January 2006, 17:03
wobbly dave your a legend, i dont know why you are called that but i'm not gonna ask coz you know your stuff :worship:.... as for the car wash, i know its not great in the long run, just need to get some of the grime off before i start repairing chips etc...dont intend to do it regulary. Thanx for the offer of the help, i will give it a try with my house mates...if i have no luck i might take you up on it.

Thanx mate

Stuart