PDA

View Full Version : c30

madness
Friday 6th January 2006, 12:09
c30 concept has now been released at the detroit motor show
but i cant find any picture links
if you know please post up so everybody can see what a sweet car this will be. dealers have press pictures .
the best bit will be a proper 260 bhp t5 engine. 0-60 6.0

until then :worthless

please help!

After_Shock
Friday 6th January 2006, 12:22
Its in this weeks autocar which are just the pics that the dealers have.

Were all hoping it has the 260bhp engine but it was also meant to have AWD and Volvo have dropped that so far plus the car the 260bhp engine is in is only a concept. Will be a cracking car if they do it though, sticks the fingers up at Ford a bit for using the soft T5 engine in the focus!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 6th January 2006, 12:40
Articles...
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/63155/meet_volvos_golfchaser.html
(with some good pics)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/60710/now_volvos_joining_the_golf_club.html

gibbo
Friday 6th January 2006, 16:11
Articles

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/concepts/V/volvo/c30-design-concept/index.html

Gibbo

pyrotechnictigger
Friday 6th January 2006, 16:46
Looks ugly side on :wtf:

S40xs
Friday 6th January 2006, 17:57
I quite likes the look of this apart from the rear end a tad on the uggo side.....
Some piccies for the lazier people out there....

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/concepts/V/volvo/c30-design-concept/03-large/06-volvo-c30-f-st.jpg
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/concepts/V/volvo/c30-design-concept/03-large/06-volvo-c30-f3q-st.jpg
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/concepts/V/volvo/c30-design-concept/01-small/06-volvo-c30-r3q-st.jpg

arbee
Friday 6th January 2006, 20:18
it is so much like a modern day 480! like it tho, but not sure who will buy it tbh

SaffronC70
Friday 6th January 2006, 20:36
That or an S60R ?

After_Shock
Friday 6th January 2006, 20:39
If its got a 260bhp T5 in then the C30, be faster and more suited to the younger buyer, initial cars shoud appeal to the younger people who dont want an astra VXR or golf Gto/R32 etc etc.

arbee
Friday 6th January 2006, 20:44
trouble is , i reckon, it will compete on price with the likes of th A3, 1 series and golf, but people will choose those marques with an established running in this segment over the volvo. i think it should have played a little safer with the rear end styling to be honest

After_Shock
Friday 6th January 2006, 20:49
I say respect to Volvo for doing something different, it will appeal to current Volvo customers and their families who dont normally go for Volvo's as they want a smaller car, plus it will easily be the safest car in its class, have a funky interior and a range of 5 cyl engines including a D5 eventually. Know what I would like to have, it has the 'different' factor to it so will appeal to a lot of people I think.

arbee
Friday 6th January 2006, 21:12
I say respect to Volvo for doing something different, it will appeal to current Volvo customers and their families who dont normally go for Volvo's as they want a smaller car, plus it will easily be the safest car in its class, have a funky interior and a range of 5 cyl engines including a D5 eventually. Know what I would like to have, it has the 'different' factor to it so will appeal to a lot of people I think.
I hope you're right :)

After_Shock
Saturday 7th January 2006, 01:08
I have to sell them so I hope im right too!

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 7th January 2006, 01:27
I could see few of them being raced....

Engineer
Saturday 7th January 2006, 21:19
That or an S60R ?Wedge shapes are dead Chris, unless it's a classic R, :ready2go: so round we go, and boy in picture form it looks tasty, will reserve final judgement for when I see it in the flesh though, but a full blown version second hand in about 3 years sounds good................................

racer
Sunday 8th January 2006, 21:00
> I could see few of them being raced....

A SPONSOR, A SPONSOR !!!
MY KINGDOM FOR A SPONSOR !!! :B_steerin

MacXC60T5
Monday 9th January 2006, 17:09
Looks like it will go through a Car Wash OK LOL

Mrsmopp
Monday 9th January 2006, 17:12
I want one!! What a cute little thing lol

x

lance
Monday 9th January 2006, 17:40
Looks good , I wouldnt mind one at all , Long Live T5s!

RPM
Friday 17th February 2006, 21:55
i think its wicked

Its far better than the Focus RS, BMW 1 series, Merc C class etc.........

madness
Friday 17th February 2006, 23:17
i was thinking today after having seen a new mazda 3 hatch sport 3dr . volvo and mazda - pag brands so i'd bet the mazda is a good hint at what it will be like. certainly size wise and it has the glass tailgate i think
i think it will be on the same wheel base certainly
anybody else thinking this way ?

arbee
Saturday 18th February 2006, 07:26
Mazda3 is based on the same floor plan as the focus, so yeah i'd certainly imaginge that will be its basis. I'd hope the c30 will be more of a 'quality' car tho given the price premium there will presumably be!

RPM
Sunday 19th February 2006, 18:01
I want one!!

Hope they do a limited edition in banana yellow!!

Markzx
Wednesday 22nd February 2006, 18:30
I'm sorry guys and gals it just don't float my boat. Why call it C30 when its a hatch back surely H30 would have been better. C is for coupe, I supose the C70 is being watered down and this golf GTI chaser is a sign of things to come.

I do hope that Volvo remember they built up good car sales on a faithful customer base and This attempt at reaching new young clientelle doesn't mean an end to reasonable priced quality product.

After_Shock
Wednesday 22nd February 2006, 18:58
C30 is being ran on basically the same chassis as the S40 but a much shortened version, yes its based on the C1 (focus) platform but it is heavily modified.

The car was production ready months ago but crash tests revealed it wasnt as safe as the S40 so they have been working on the saftey on it for a long time now.

Quality will be the same as the new C70 inside so better than nearly everything in that class.

madness
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 16:03
* but not as good as a proper volvo.

plastic ££££ inside the car = ford.

dont try to persuade me otherwise !!!!!

After_Shock
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 19:14
Wouldnt say it was plastic ££££ and what plastics are there are much higher quality than what ford offer in any of there cars!

madness
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 21:57
yes but nowhere near as good as they used too.

how many s40's did you get recovered in this week??

we had 3. = all 2.0d's

i hope you dont drive one !!

After_Shock
Friday 24th February 2006, 00:33
Weve had none this week (shock horror!) and that includes V50's, but as you say thats 2.0D's so nothing to do with interior quality.

Look at any car though and interior quality has gone back a step, get inside any new shape 5 series, M5 included and bash on the dash, you can see the plastic flex and rattle, not aswell buily as the Volvos.

New designs and shapes have made the need for plastics and the S40 does as good as it can with what its got to work with, the new C70 improves things and thats what the C30 should be based on, well hopefully as there both 4 seaters.

Redbrick
Friday 24th February 2006, 00:44
I think that looks fantastic.

I'd love one!

C30R. Ooh yeah, bring it on :)

Vikingxl
Friday 24th February 2006, 10:29
I like it its a little different

Bakey
Tuesday 21st March 2006, 20:51
Oh dear Volvo what have you done?

You've canibalised all the edges off my beloved 480, replaced them with an S40 front end.... and ended up with what can only be described as the "aftermath" from a drunken orgi between Mr Blobby and a 480! Wonder if they'll fit optional Pink and Yellow Poker Dot upholstery?

HOW DAAAAAR YOU!

:pants:

GuyD5
Monday 27th March 2006, 23:50
In, perhaps, three years' time, when the statuary, in-built, depreciation, has taken effect, I would like to buy one :)

Probably won't be able to afford it though .... poor old pensioner, me :( LoL

Evil Edna
Wednesday 5th April 2006, 15:46
looks like a mix of a stilo and an old civic. With the volvo YGC front.

Pretty ugly imo:(

After_Shock
Friday 25th August 2006, 20:12
Its actually wider than the new C70 so might be surprising to look at in the flesh, very wide and short and wont look much like an S40 from the front.