PDA

View Full Version : What's my body colour called?

shiney
Friday 6th January 2006, 09:46
Can anyone please tell me what my body colour is called?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/sh1ney/IMG_1281Small.jpg

Thanks.

mraldonnelly
Friday 6th January 2006, 09:51
Shiney,

Haven't got a clue. If no one else knows you should be able to get the paint code from the ID plate in the engine bay. Inside of the NSF wing if I recall correctly.

Post the paint code up and someone should be able to look it up for you.

Regards

Andy

shiney
Friday 6th January 2006, 10:20
Thanks Andy, I'll look it up in my lunch break.

mraldonnelly
Friday 6th January 2006, 10:41
No worries. When you fond the ID plate you'll see it's got two columns and six rows. The paint code should be in the right hand column, third row down.

I think the paint code should be three digits. Post what it is and I'll try and find out the colour if no-one else has it.

Regards

Andy

madness
Friday 6th January 2006, 11:02
i'll go for regent red pearl

Sicknote
Friday 6th January 2006, 11:15
Red :P

mraldonnelly
Friday 6th January 2006, 11:19
i'll go for regent red pearl

RUBBISH! It's clearly Nautic Blue Pearl! LOL.

You're probably right. It's otherwise know as simply Pearl Red.

I've found some paint codes. 414 is Ruby Red, 418 is Pearl Red or Regent Red Metallic and 428 is Coral Red Metallic.

I think Coral Red Metallic is slightly lighter than Shiney's car. There's a V70 T5 parked over the road from my office which is paler than Shiney's which I'd guess is Coral.

Regards

Andy

Martinr
Friday 6th January 2006, 11:44
Andy

Re load your avatar. Some months ago there was a problem and they got screwed up. Reloading should sort it.

Don't know what colour it is but looks good :)

shiney
Friday 6th January 2006, 12:27
I know this sounds silly but I had a funny feeling it was called something like autumn gold.....almost certain it had gold in the title?

Yes I know, its on a red / burgundy cloured car.

Just need to know the colour for getting some made up into a touch up paint.

ians60
Friday 6th January 2006, 12:32
definetly regent red pearl, had a 95 850glt estate in this colour.

mraldonnelly
Friday 6th January 2006, 12:57
That's colour code 418 then.

Halfrauds do a touch up kit for around a tener which is actually quite good.

Regards

Andy

LeeT5
Monday 21st September 2009, 01:16
My paint code is '441'. Cosmic blue - (AKA) Laser blue.

Johnny5
Monday 21st September 2009, 21:38
Same colour as mine! mmmmmm nice....... thats 418 (Turbo red metallic)
J5

sen
Monday 21st September 2009, 21:41
Same colour as mine! mmmmmm nice....... thats 418 (Turbo red metallic)
J5

Yes johny5 is correct it is 418 Turbo red metallic my previous t5 was that colour and i repainted my rear spoiler. A lovely colour too

Johnny5
Monday 21st September 2009, 21:55
Yes johny5 is correct it is 418 Turbo red metallic my previous t5 was that colour and i repainted my rear spoiler. A lovely colour too

I like the cream leather and that colour combo on mine.... The lighter interior seems to set the car off well..... Just wish i could find a 2nd hand glove box lid, as mine is held on with velcro atm! lmao

martybelfastt5
Monday 21st September 2009, 22:52
careful stick to the codes its the same looking colour to mine tho it was in the paint shop not that long ago apparently theres 3 shades of it,,some places only list one when my car was painted first time round was completely wrong colour match, had to be rubbed and painted again!paint supplied from different agent

Storm-Troll
Monday 21st September 2009, 23:12
Call Oliver at TMS... give him your registration number.. he puts it in the computer.. and 5 seconds later.. he can tell you what colour your car is. he did that for me when I wanted to know my colour..... all u need is the number plate. job done.. no need to look for ID numbers anywhere....

volvoturboman
Tuesday 22nd September 2009, 23:07
Just be careful when looking for the paint. My V70 is Regent red but apparently has a slight difference to the 850!!!