PDA

View Full Version : lambda light.......

chancha
Thursday 5th January 2006, 23:45
Guys, a bit of info required regarding my '97 v70r. The temperature gauge was playing up a bit last week during the cold spell, ie cold air through the vents etc, all the usual things that indicated a possible issue with the thermostat....anyway, the lambda light also came on sometime during this spell which I thought could be indicative of the temp issue. Changed the thermostat and all is now well excpet the light is still on (I was expecting this) but my question is that sometimes I think the car is not performing as it once did..... the car has been rica'd and now it feels like whenever I want to get get a move on the kickdown comes into play much sooner than I rmeember it doing before......do I need to get the lambda light reset to re-establish the map and is it possible I am still in limp mode?

Rgds Kevin

fraz13
Friday 6th January 2006, 00:08
The lambda light can be switched off in a number of ways, the way a do it is disconnect the battery for an hour, if you still got a fault the light will come back on and you will need to have the codes read

If your in sports mode it will kick down quicker than in enonomy, but a think you'll just be getting used to the car

BTW after Scotty (The Flying Banana) telling me about your car a want a shot lol then you can drive my standard R and see if your cars a slouch lol

chancha
Friday 6th January 2006, 00:14
Fraz, I'd heard about the battery reconnection thing but thought I read somewhere else it didnt work. The car always gets driven in E mode because I think since the upgrade using the S mode it doesnt feel as quick simply because you are missing out on the midrange kick due to the higher reving of the kickdown. Anyway, I was going to buy a code reader but I'll try the battery disconnect first and see how that goes........
Oh, and your welcome to a shot anytime :drunk:

fraz13
Friday 6th January 2006, 00:21
Any decent garage should have a code reader that will read your codes, my local does mine with a pocket pc

The battery thing does work, a do it quite often as am havin probs with ma light but it needs to be a bit of time, an hour does it but a usually do it at night and reconnect in the morning (make sure you got a radio code first tho)

Oh and cheers 4 the offer ;)

The Flying Banana
Friday 6th January 2006, 00:21
off topic I know but it is defo worth a shot ...i was well impressed!!!:) :)

chancha
Friday 6th January 2006, 00:42
Aye, it's not too bad for an old brick shaped bus :drunk: