PDA

View Full Version : Footwell Courtesy Light

The Flying Banana
Thursday 5th January 2006, 09:37
Aaaagghhhhh....where is the plunger to switch this on and off...the light stays on all the time...can anyone help?
Hate things not working!!!

Vikingxl
Thursday 5th January 2006, 10:01
I think its parts of the central locking in the V70 hope its more simple on the 850.

mraldonnelly
Thursday 5th January 2006, 10:10
There's no plunger - it's a microswitch in the door lock mechanism. However, is it only the footwell light that remains illuminated? Not the whole interior light? What about the "door open" marker light (I know it's difficult to see when the door's shut but it is possible from inside)?

If the microswitch is indeed at fault it will probably be necessary to replace the whole lock mechanism.

Regards

Andy

The Flying Banana
Thursday 5th January 2006, 13:20
There's no plunger - it's a microswitch in the door lock mechanism. However, is it only the footwell light that remains illuminated? Not the whole interior light? What about the "door open" marker light (I know it's difficult to see when the door's shut but it is possible from inside)?

If the microswitch is indeed at fault it will probably be necessary to replace the whole lock mechanism.

Regards

Andy

Only the footwell light stays on ....

Martinr
Thursday 5th January 2006, 13:59
When my interior light control unit ceased to work, only the footwell lights and marker lights came on when the door was opened. Maybe they are on a separate circuit?