PDA

View Full Version : What tyres on an 850 T5

lovemyt5
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 17:54
Hi

The car I am selling is running on P6000's at the moment. If I decide to keep the car and take it off sale I think I will change the tyres before too long.

Someone suggested to me that I should fit Avons to it??

Don't want rubbish but equally don't want to spend silly money.

Any suggestions?

BigJC
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 20:30
Everyone has their prefferances but I've just had 2x Continental Sport Contact 2's put on the front of my S70 and they grip really well in dry, wet and even snow and thats with a Rica 280! They cost £94 each fitted.

gazjacko
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 20:54
I'm running 215/40/17 Avons . If I'm honest whatever difference there is from the Pzeros is not really noticable and certainly worth the considerable saving in cost. it's too early to comment on wear rate but again because of the cost I won't lose any sleep when I have to replace them.

swordy21
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 22:28
I got nigh on 20K on Avon ZZ3's, although mostly motorway miles. They're OK on grip as well, maybe not as good as some more expensive makes, but depends what you drive like. Now put Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front, and they really do smoke well, only a few quid more expensive than ZZ3's, I think £162 fitted, balanced and tracked at Bathwick Tyres, Hartcliffe, Bristol.

arbee
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 23:24
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. IMO incomparable to any other tyre. Experienced dunlops/toyos/yokos - and at the moment Khumo (i think - came on the car - surprising dry grip - naff all wet grip).
The Gs-D3s are very grippy wet or dry but more importantly, i think, have a lovely progressive breakaway. I will defo go for these when those on the car have given up!

Mrsmopp
Thursday 5th January 2006, 08:54
Everyone has their prefferances but I've just had 2x Continental Sport Contact 2's put on the front of my S70 and they grip really well in dry, wet and even snow and thats with a Rica 280! They cost £94 each fitted.

I've run conti's on all my T5's - brilliant tyre (IMO) for the T5, lasts well mtoo!

x

britten_mark
Thursday 5th January 2006, 17:08
I'm an odd-bod, I like Vredestein Sportracs. Nice chunky all weather tread makes mincemeat of snow and very good at resisting aquaplaning. Much better than the Toyos it came with whose sidewalls deteriorated faster than the tread wore off.

t5tart
Thursday 5th January 2006, 17:12
just gt rid of the kumho's on the front didnt like them
went for some budget tyres called accelera alpha's......... never heard of them nut at £45 a pop balanced and fitted thought i would give them a go
compared to the kuhmos they are quieter grippier in the wet
just have to see how they do mileage wise now

jp850R
Thursday 5th January 2006, 17:28
Silly money perhaps, Bridgstone potenzas re040's, bout ton a tyre, lasted 4000miles, Tracking was slightly out tho, may have lasted 5000 if tracking was ok, stick like s@!+ to a blanket even in the wet, altho trying goodyear eagles now there almost as good, but i think there gonna last longer.

siamblue
Thursday 5th January 2006, 18:36
I have tried lots of makes on my car, the best wearing were the Goodyear Eagles, the worst Conti contact sports,
I am now trying Dunlop SP9000's don't know what they are like yet as i haven't had much of a chance to try them out past 30mph.

Gary.

Engineer
Thursday 5th January 2006, 18:39
I have tried lots of makes on my car, the best wearing were the Goodyear Eagles, the worst Conti contact sports,
I am now trying Dunlop SP9000's don't know what they are like yet as i haven't had much of a chance to try them out past 30mph.

Gary.Hurry up Gaz my Italian babes are wearing out lol.

Babybadger
Friday 6th January 2006, 10:22
Vredestein Sportrac 2 's , best tyres I have ever had for the money. Can get a bit spinny in the wet of the line with RICA 304 and no traction. No probs in snow mode though and superb lateral grip in corners and excellent when braking. Greasy roads are the worst, but they are with any tyre. Approx £80 fitted

lovemyt5
Saturday 7th January 2006, 15:51
what does imo stand for??

arbee
Saturday 7th January 2006, 15:56
what does imo stand for??
In My Opinion :)

MattB
Sunday 15th January 2006, 18:50
Everyone has their prefferances but I've just had 2x Continental Sport Contact 2's put on the front of my S70 and they grip really well in dry, wet and even snow and thats with a Rica 280! They cost £94 each fitted. How you getting on with the Conti's?? (Thinking about fitting a pair in the next month or so)...

MattB
Sunday 15th January 2006, 18:53
I've run conti's on all my T5's - brilliant tyre (IMO) for the T5, lasts well mtoo!

x
What are they like for wear on the front Moppy?

Mrsmopp
Sunday 15th January 2006, 18:55
What are they like for wear on the front Moppy?

I have the front 2 from my 850 that I sold in July on still - they have a little tread left but they will need replacing shortly - I think I have had about 6 or 7 months out of them which equates to about 8-10k!!

x

LeeT5
Monday 23rd January 2006, 04:00
Vredestein Sportrac 2 's , best tyres I have ever had for the money. Can get a bit spinny in the wet of the line with RICA 304 and no traction. No probs in snow mode though and superb lateral grip in corners and excellent when braking. Greasy roads are the worst, but they are with any tyre. Approx £80 fitted

I have to say, why not the Vredestein Alltrac, best looking tyre imo and harder wearing than the sportrac.