PDA

View Full Version : hesitations

mike 850
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 15:02
hi all, got a problem with my car which seems to be getting progressively worse, drives really well and doesnt seem to be lacking power but when im in 5th or 4th, using the grunt of the engine ie full throttle it will hesitate a couple of times, dont seem to get this if i change into 3rd etc, ive changed the plugs for iridium ones, dizzy, rotor arm, air filter and the fuel filter was done about 10k ago, im gonna change the leads next, had a look on gsf and they dont mention t5 (only 2.0 and 2.5) anyone know if they are the same? is there anything else that could be doing this, theres no fault codes on the ecu, would the airflow meter show a fault? its a 1995 850 t5 with rica 280 btw
many thanks

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 15:06
Another slim possiblity is a faulty/tired BCS?

x

mike 850
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 16:15
i thought that might be the case but i swapped it for the manual controller just to test and it did the same

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 16:17
How long has it been going on for? You say its getting progressively worse?

x

mike 850
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 16:30
probably for a month now just seems to be getting more of a violent hesitation, the idle seems to be getting a bit rougher, can feel the vibrations in the car more, thats whats making me think its the leads now, are the leads the same throughout the range do you know?

pault5
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 18:22
Possibly tha MAF?

craig
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 21:31
probably for a month now just seems to be getting more of a violent hesitation, the idle seems to be getting a bit rougher, can feel the vibrations in the car more, thats whats making me think its the leads now, are the leads the same throughout the range do you know?

as i understand it the leads are "HT" (high tension) leads so when they are breking down you get a missfire at higher revs and the coil and king lead or the lead from the coil are low tension side so when they are breaking down you get missfire at low revs . thats what i remember from listening to my dad who was a mechanic.

mike 850
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 11:46
Possibly tha MAF?

if thats the case should it not have a fault code for this, anyways of checking the maf? dont really want to buy a new one if its not needed

Liddo
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 12:54
Mine did it every now and then under full boost in 5th mainly, but that was after being RICA'd. Now, before Adam takes a fit ;) Im not saying this was the cause, but I noticed the when using Optimax, the stutter didnt occurr. My car is now in the garage after throwing a lifter and knackering the cam :( so DONT do full boost while the car is in this state.