PDA

View Full Version : Portsmouth this Weekend!! (7/8th Jan)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 12:26
Kinda hoping to meet up with a few of you chaps in Pompeii around Sunday lunchtime.

I am also hoping that Gary (Siamblue) will be around too - I have some bits to pass on.

If Sunday is inconvenient then I can probably spare sometime on Saturday? I believe Shiney and some others were looking for advice on suspension bits?

I only know the "New Inn" on the main drag through Cosham near Portsdown hill - but if you have a better idea then let me know

Looking forward to seeing y'all!

bradders
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 12:54
Bugger.....I am up in London this weekend.

You should try the Churchilian on top of Portsdown hill for the venue....great views and its home to Micks Burger van (i recommend the animal burger).

Shame i will miss you all.

jp850R
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 14:00
Just say where and when mate. (must admit the portsdown hill site is good) :)

splatt
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 14:11
Bugger.....I am up in London this weekend.

You should try the Churchilian on top of Portsdown hill for the venue....great views and its home to Micks Burger van (i recommend the animal burger).

Shame i will miss you all.Been there....as you say...fantastic venue...

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 14:24
Portsdown hill it is then. Sunday Lunchtime works for me.

Widley Walk, Portsdown Hill Rd, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3LS

Map- http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=465689&y=106430&z=0&ar=Y

Apparently good for Dogging too LMAO!!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Churchillian+pub

and pigeons?

jp850R
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 14:26
Just to be awkward wen is your lunch time?? :beer:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 14:38
Shall we say about 12:30?

jp850R
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 14:45
Good with me.

BlackV70
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 15:50
See ya there hopefuly....

bradders
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 16:10
Well i hope you all have a great time .....whilst you are enjoying the rich delicasy of Micks Burger and talking about cars...i will be surrounded by hundreds of kids watching the Gruffalo stage show :slap:

swordy21
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 17:33
Apparently good for Dogging too LMAO!!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Churchillian+pub

and pigeons?

What at lunch time - the show offs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtf:

siamblue
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 19:02
God that brings back memories of Micks chilli burgers, Always ask for more than one serviette, Great views as has been said, the Churchillian across the road from the view point is good for ales for all you drinkers, mind it does get packed out sometimes,

See you all there Gary.

arbee
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 22:47
God that brings back memories of Micks chilli burgers, Always ask for more than one serviette, Great views as has been said, the Churchillian across the road from the view point is good for ales for all you drinkers, mind it does get packed out sometimes,

See you all there Gary.
Gary - old chum/buddy/mate... (can you see i'm after something? lol) Dunno if Dave has mentioned to you, but he has a spacesaver i'm after aquiring from him - any chance you could play courrier to ilford and i'll pic it up from you sometime? (I'm in Harlow - just up the M11) I can sort out funds with him somehow I hope :) Would be forever in your debt... :)

Kent Canary
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 22:58
I might come down for this..!

siamblue
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 00:08
Gary - old chum/buddy/mate... (can you see i'm after something? lol) Dunno if Dave has mentioned to you, but he has a spacesaver i'm after aquiring from him - any chance you could play courrier to ilford and i'll pic it up from you sometime? (I'm in Harlow - just up the M11) I can sort out funds with him somehow I hope :) Would be forever in your debt... :)

Arbee no probs mate, I can pay him if you like and you square me up next week, or whenever you pick the s/saver up ;)

siamblue
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 00:15
Forgot to say any other peoples partners coming along?
Arbee thought it was a bit strange when Wobbly said he had some things for me" I had no idea what he was on about, I didn't even know i was going for sure untill this evening :slap:

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 00:32
I should have been more explicit sorry. Will try and locate the handbrake lever - on sale or return?

Kent Canary
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 10:46
Dave have you got the N/S wiper motor from your C70?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 11:13
I have both motors

arbee
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 11:49
Arbee no probs mate, I can pay him if you like and you square me up next week, or whenever you pick the s/saver up ;)

Ta mate, that would be cool, i think we agreed £25 for the wheel. i can pop down to yours at some convenient time next week - I'll pm you :)

I should have been more explicit sorry. Will try and locate the handbrake lever - on sale or return?

Cheers Dave, if its the same hard manky black plastic thing i've got then don't worry, if it aint then i'll give it a go and either send some cash or the lever back to you :)

top bunch of people :) wish i could make this meet myself - decorating calls i'm affraid!

BlackV70
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 14:05
Dave, do you still have your O/S headlamp wiper motor? Any idea if it will fit a P1 V70?

If so please bring it on Sunday, PM me the price, will cash you up!

Many thanks...

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 15:23
As I said I have both motors and will bring them with me.

gazjacko
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 22:01
Hope to be able to get there and put faces to names. I seem to have aquired a new suspension squeak but a bit of burger grease should sort it out!

Kent Canary
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 23:02
Due to other commitments, I cant make this Sunday Im afraid.

Dave, PM sent.

S70T5Chris
Friday 6th January 2006, 13:54
I'll be there! Be nice to meet a few of you finally!!

siamblue
Friday 6th January 2006, 14:23
I'll be there! Be nice to meet a few of you finally!!

Hi chris will be nice to see you mate,
Anybody bringing their partners?

Otherwise mine will sit in the car and do her coursework :remybussi

jp850R
Friday 6th January 2006, 14:40
Unfortunately my missus is workin all day!!

S70T5Chris
Friday 6th January 2006, 15:07
No I won't be bringing the Mrs. A mate of mine will probably come along tho.

MattB
Saturday 7th January 2006, 14:50
For once I do not have to work tomorrow, so will be glad to come along and finally meet some members. (As long as you can forgive the state of my car tho - its filthy at the moment!)

Look forward to meeting you all.....

PS are we meeting at the Churchillian or at the view point?

siamblue
Saturday 7th January 2006, 16:31
For once I do not have to work tomorrow, so will be glad to come along and finally meet some members. (As long as you can forgive the state of my car tho - its filthy at the moment!)

Look forward to meeting you all.....

PS are we meeting at the Churchillian or at the view point?

There is more room sat the viewpoint, then if you fancy a pint we can walk across to the pub, I will want a micky chill b first though.

shiney
Saturday 7th January 2006, 20:27
I'll be there but won't be able to make it until later. I totally forgot about a family dinner at 12:15pm tomorrow. Can some of you please PM your mobile numbers so that I can call you tomorrow and see if you are still about once I've finished the family commitments.

It would be really good to meet you all and I suspect that I'll be around and available after 2pm.

Thank,

Paul

07748 641970

MattB
Sunday 8th January 2006, 21:55
>Click Here< (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6939)

S70T5Chris
Sunday 8th January 2006, 22:23
Nice to meet everyone who went today. Shame we didnt get to check out the cars too much, due to this wonderful weather we're having! Hopefully we'll get another southern meet sorted soon.

By the way, thanks Dave for telling me what I wanted to hear with reagards to the 19t! I can't wait to get it done now!

gazjacko
Sunday 8th January 2006, 22:44
Good to put some faces to names this lunchtime, I can see why Wobbly Dave is thought of so highly, as he seemed to have dismantled Volvo parts in a carrier bag that he dealt out like some benevolent 'Volvo Santa', whilst his knowledge of all things Volvo far outweighed my understanding of anything mechanical. Just sorry I couldn't stay longer as I had to get back for the dinner ( next time I'll order something off the menu with a side order of barmaid!).
Shame about the weather as it would have been good to have a closer look at some of the motors in the car park. I thought Siamblue's S70 really looked the dog's danglies.
Maybe we'll be luckier with the weather next time. :B_steerin

siamblue
Monday 9th January 2006, 00:16
Hi guys, great turnout ;) weather was bitter but it was warm in the pub lol, some nice cars there, I liked the black V70 with the Tritons very nice :)
Will be good to see you all again when the weather is a bit finer,
Hope everyone got home safely,

Gary

Wobbly Dave
Monday 9th January 2006, 02:42
Good to see you all.

Hopefully the weather will be better next time

JP - good luck with the quitting smoking thing ... www.quitsmokingonline.com (http://www.quitsmokingonline.com/) (free and very good to use) - Read it and enjoy quitting.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 9th January 2006, 02:43
Nice to meet everyone who went today. Shame we didnt get to check out the cars too much, due to this wonderful weather we're having! Hopefully we'll get another southern meet sorted soon.

By the way, thanks Dave for telling me what I wanted to hear with reagards to the 19t! I can't wait to get it done now!
Chris you have a super car there mate. 19T and she will fly!!

shiney
Monday 9th January 2006, 02:45
Having seen your cars, I can see I'm going to have to start modifying mine pretty soon.

Nice to meet you all.

jp850R
Monday 9th January 2006, 13:01
Great to meet all you guys, really nice people, any one is welcome to pop down to my unit if your passing,(evenings and weekends mostly) if you google earth it its PO14 1AH (finally got the rite post code i think!!)
(Sorry bout the state of my motor!!!)
Cheers Dave for the link still goin well will have a good look through the link now.
Hope to c u all again soon.

shiney
Monday 9th January 2006, 13:32
Great to meet all you guys, really nice people, any one is welcome to pop down to my unit if your passing,(evenings and weekends mostly) if you google earth it its PO14 1AH (finally got the rite post code i think!!)
(Sorry bout the state of my motor!!!)
Cheers Dave for the link still goin well will have a good look through the link now.
Hope to c u all again soon.

Are you there tonight mate?

jp850R
Monday 9th January 2006, 13:38
Yeah i will be but not sure how long for, just replacing the thermostat in my missuses mr2 then gotta bleed the coolant again usually takes at least a couple of hours. Ill post up a time as soon as i speak to the boss!! :)

jp850R
Monday 9th January 2006, 13:43
Looks like ill be there from approx 8pm on wards.

shiney
Monday 9th January 2006, 14:03
Looks like ill be there from approx 8pm on wards.

Ok mate, I'll pop down and say hello and give you a helping hand.

jp850R
Monday 9th January 2006, 14:35
Cool c u then mate :)

MattB
Monday 9th January 2006, 18:32
Good to see you all.

Hopefully the weather will be better next time

JP - good luck with the quitting smoking thing ... www.quitsmokingonline.com (http://www.quitsmokingonline.com/) (free and very good to use) - Read it and enjoy quitting.

Bugger - missed a photo opportunity!
Serves me right for turning up early I guess?!

Great turnout guys - see ya all soon.

PS - JP
I found the patches great for quiting -
one on each eye and you can't find ya fags! lol

Seriously tho - I recently quit (October and still going - touch wood) and it takes alot of strength, willpower and the right frame of mind. You will know yourself when the right time is.

jp850R
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 09:39
PS - JP
I found the patches great for quiting -
one on each eye and you can't find ya fags! lol

Seriously tho - I recently quit (October and still going - touch wood) and it takes alot of strength, willpower and the right frame of mind. You will know yourself when the right time is.
LOL
Cheers for the support, goin well so far, day 4 and none at all, dont want any either, which is good.