PDA

View Full Version : T5 clutch

chich100
Thursday 24th February 2005, 16:44
Before i fork for a complete new clutch on my T5 i just thought i check to see if my problem could be elsewhere(wishful thinking)
A few days after having the car ricd the clutch started slipping on full boost,that was 2 months ago and it hasnt got any worse and yesterday i had to tow a caravan (1300kg) and even though there was a number of good hills involved i got plenty of wheel spin but no clutch slip under normal conditions leaving car in high gears up hill.Any ideas or am i just looking for excuses not to pay up and have the clutch replaced.

Justin
Thursday 24th February 2005, 18:44
Get it done, theres nothing worse than a clutch going when you least expect it and need to be somewhere, mine was the same, slipped, then didnt, as i pulled up at the garage to have it done the mechanic was reversing the car onto the ramp and it went, i had to push it 3 meters :(

pikeajm
Thursday 24th February 2005, 19:20
if you goto europarts they stock clutches there they are not genuine volvo clutchs but they are made buy the same poeple as the volvo clutch only difference is there is no volvo stamp on it everything else is identical. found that out when i did my 940 turbo and cost me £128 instead of £250 that volvlo wanted for one and it was a full clutch kit. hope that my halp in sourcing one

Justin
Thursday 24th February 2005, 19:32
Volvo's clutch kit is £175 + VAT, i would go for the genuine article personally mate :)

chich100
Thursday 24th February 2005, 20:05
thanks for making my mind up for me and not taking the pi## out of me about the caravan.Wil get hold of genuine clutch kit as soon as possible