PDA

View Full Version : Which D5

Pliskin
Monday 2nd January 2006, 19:43
Hi and a very happy New Year to you all.

In the not too distant future I hope to upgrade my wife's car to a S60 D5.

Can I ask, when did the 185 bhp ( I think) engine come out and is it in fact a new engine or the old engine, which has been remapped.?

Depending on cost, if it is a remap, I may try to source a slightly older one and ask the boys at VT to work their magic.

Any advice gratefully accepted as would any contacts to get my hands on one in the first place.

Regards to all.

After_Shock
Monday 2nd January 2006, 20:03
The D5 185 has only just been released, probably start finding cars from November onwards, their were cars before but they are few and far between.

Their are a number of differences between the D5 163 engine and the new 2.4D and D5 engines (which are exactly the same apart from the re-map) The new engine has a new variable vane turbocharger, new 7 way injectors, a batch of new sensors (good or bad not sure!) larger bore and smoother pipework on the engine as a whole. Ultimately its a much smoother and quieter engine, also the new D5 has the new 6 speed manual gearbox so theirs quite a few changes their.

Andy
Monday 2nd January 2006, 20:04
Mine is for sale (see here, click me (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6408) ) in the not too distant future. It is a 52Plate with only 40k miles. FVSH and still under warranty.

Has the 162hp engine.

The 185hp came in on 05 plates

After_Shock
Monday 2nd January 2006, 20:47
Theirs probably less than 100 185bhp cars on 05 plates and most will be Volvo cars, good that they will have excellent spec but also thrashed to death, supply only really started coming through in decent numbers in November.

Pliskin
Monday 2nd January 2006, 22:20
Thanks for the replies