PDA

View Full Version : My S60 on Columba wheels!

S60D5
Saturday 31st December 2005, 15:32
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/volvoturbo5/Volvo%20S60%20D5/DSCF04771.jpg

:banana:

S40xs
Saturday 31st December 2005, 15:45
I prefer the S60 alloys, prolly cos i've never liked those T5 alloys.
Looks strange!

aeroresh
Saturday 31st December 2005, 15:45
:wtf: !

Tyres seem a little on th small side too!..Is there a reason behind this madness? :insane:

S60D5
Saturday 31st December 2005, 16:36
:wtf: !

Tyres seem a little on th small side too!..Is there a reason behind this madness? :insane:

Well - it's all for winter tyres! I wasn't sure if I had the 288mm or 305mm brakes on the D5, so I thought one wany to find out is to put the Columbas on there! :B_blite:

It'll probably be running 195/65-15's on steelies, unless I can get some 15" Volvo alloys to fit! (Boy, they will look TINY!)

17" vs 16" : >

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/volvoturbo5/Volvo%20S60%20D5/DSCF04751.jpg

15" (!!!!!)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/volvoturbo5/Volvo%20S60%20D5/DSCF04791.jpg

Mrsmopp
Saturday 31st December 2005, 17:40
Oh my word!!! That looks bizarre!!!!

x

BlackBeast
Saturday 31st December 2005, 18:17
The columbas just dont look right on the s60, the lines of the car just doesnt suit the chunky-ness of the wheels.

Those 15"s look fantastic :D Please get a set and take some more photo's LOL

S60D5
Saturday 31st December 2005, 19:18
Those 15"s look fantastic :D Please get a set and take some more photo's LOL

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/volvoturbo5/Volvo%20S60%20D5/DSCF04781.jpg

15" and 115/70 Skinny goodness!

lovemyt5
Monday 2nd January 2006, 16:09
sorry s60d5 that looks absolutely :pants:

Get the originals back on !!

its like getting a ferrari and putting wheel trims on

Vikingxl
Monday 2nd January 2006, 16:32
Nice wouldnt fancy driving very far on four of those!

S60D5
Monday 2nd January 2006, 18:28
sorry s60d5 that looks absolutely :pants:

Get the originals back on !!

its like getting a ferrari and putting wheel trims on

Haha.

The 17" Tethys are on the car at the moment, pending purchase of a set of 16" Perfo/Columba alloys for use with Nokian WR winter tyres!

hamish
Monday 2nd January 2006, 18:37
Darren,

Stop monkeying around and contemplating making your car look silly. Go and order some Vredestein Wintrac Extreme 225/45 VR17 these are proper winter tyres speed rated upto 150 mph (although I wouldn't recommend that on deep snow !) We also drive to the Alps every winter. I fit a pair to the front of the T5 every December and I take them of at the end of March. They cost about the same as a Branded 'Summer' tyre. Saves you wearing out your good summer tyre in winter and should help avoid any ' Wobbly Dave' agricultural moments even on a cold night in Bromsgrove. I still carry a set of Snow chains in the Alps (only because it's the Law), and I have never had to use them ! (highlight of the last holiday was chasing a Pajero down the outside lane of the "White Motorway" at 70 MPH in 6 inches of snow while everyone else was crawling down the inside lane !! Quality !). If you want to get all VOC These will not affect your insurance, they will not effect your performance (VR is upto 150 MPH) and they are not noisy. If you want to borrow the chains you can (for a fee) they are Rudd (the best as used by the Armed Forces) they are the 'slim' link type designed for cars with low profile tyres and minimal wheel arch clearance.

Regards,
Hamish.

P.S. If you want to borrow my new Fischer Skis the answer is a Fat No ! (At your age your probably a 'Board Boy' anyway !)

S60D5
Monday 2nd January 2006, 19:27
The Nokian WR's (H-rated 130mph) are proper winter / snow tyres also, they have the snowflake/mountain symbol on them and are very highly rated by people!!! The Vreddy Wintracs don't seem very highly rated at all from what I've read?

I don't want to get another set of 17" wheels (cost!!! bankrupcy!!!!), and I don't want to keep swapping damn tyres across at £40-50 per time on the same wheels! Also, the Vreddys in 17" are pretty expensive.

I take it you don't like the Columba wheels on the S60 then Hamie? :B_blite:

I'll look into the Rudd chains as I need a new set, thanks for the tip ;)

BTW... I neither ski or board (yet!), I really should learn sometime as most of my family ski regularly.

hamish
Monday 2nd January 2006, 19:40
Hi,
You will be fine on a set of HR rated tyres in your D5, I need the VR rated tyres, because the other reason for driving to the Alps is to exercise the T5 170 MPH is a fairly common occurance ! £40 to swop your tyres sounds better value than spending money on making your car look daft !

Regards,
Hamish.

P.S. Learn to ski or board, it's pointless going to the Alps in Winter if you don't.

S60D5
Friday 10th February 2006, 01:05
. If you want to borrow the chains you can (for a fee) they are Rudd (the best as used by the Armed Forces) they are the 'slim' link type designed for cars with low profile tyres and minimal wheel arch clearance.
)

Thanks for the tip re the Rud chains Hamish.

I've just ordered a set of their "automatic" (Rud Classic) chains which look a darn sight easier to put on than the Weissenfels I have at the moment. (Many a fustrating session trying to feel behind the back of a wet, cold and muddy wheel arch after spending 10 minutes clearing compacted snow out of the way has shown me that cheap is not certainly not cheerful where chains are concerned!).

Chances are I won't need them, but if I do, I'll be well prepared!