PDA

View Full Version : Do You Need An Extra pair Of Hands?

shiney
Thursday 29th December 2005, 19:06
Everyone,

Having just recently bought my car, I'm looking to learn a little more about it. Being relatively inexperienced when it comes to things of a mechanical nature, I'd like to get to know and learn a lot more.

Is there anyone who would like an extra pair of hands in doing a few jobs? If so, give me a shout and I'll happily come along and give you a hand in exchange for me learning a little more about my car.

I'm based in the Portsmouth area and would happily travel to anywhere within a 50 mile radius.

By the way, I am an electrician, so if you do need any help with electrical jobs, feel free to also get in contact. :)

Thanks.

(moderators, could this be made a sticky for people to bear in mind please?)

shiney
Thursday 29th December 2005, 19:27
Hi shiney,

as you know mate my car is gonna be a btcc replica.. im in interoir strip down mode at the momment..so lighting the wiring loom generaly.. and wiring in a stack dash board at some point... putting in a single blade wiper assembly at the front.. removing rear wiper motor and assembly.

i have mechcanical jobs currently need doing like..
..fitting suspension springs front and rear (not dampers yet)
..fabricating seat mount, for the side seat mounts for the race seat to sit on
..fitting the seat adjusting to suit
..making alloy door cards for all doors and boot, applying carbon fibre sheet over the top

and then applying carbon fibre sheets to the dash board at some point, which sould be interesting.

those are thing that need doing and if you wanna help. I`d be flattered and gratefull.

ed

I'm sure we could sort something out mate. I take it you still have my phone number? Feel free to call me at any time you need assistance, or we can discuss on Friday when I see you.

As for the carbon fibre, did you know that halfords offer a carbon fibre effect service now? They get your parts and dip them in a film that sticks to the part and makes it look like its been made in carbon.

I think its also offered by a company called FTD.

http://www.potn.co.uk/ftd-technics-interiorstyling_c2913_3188_p2705000.htm

shiney
Thursday 29th December 2005, 19:41
Ed, this will give you some idea of a carbon fibre interior. It's on my M3.
You'll have to look down the post but you'll also see those brakes I was talking to you about.

http://www.e36coupe.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51804

94 Btcc estate replica
Thursday 29th December 2005, 19:56
a lovely thread.

The car is great..!! very tastefully done.. you must be proud. A great car that hasnt been ruined by mods. Epic job Paul.

laters

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 29th December 2005, 20:20
Feel free and come and put my car back together..... bugg*r your more than 50mile away..!!! :drunk: :haha: :insane:

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 29th December 2005, 22:26
Everyone,

Having just recently bought my car, I'm looking to learn a little more about it. Being relatively inexperienced when it comes to things of a mechanical nature, I'd like to get to know and learn a lot more.

Is there anyone who would like an extra pair of hands in doing a few jobs? If so, give me a shout and I'll happily come along and give you a hand in exchange for me learning a little more about my car.

I'm based in the Portsmouth area and would happily travel to anywhere within a 50 mile radius.

By the way, I am an electrician, so if you do need any help with electrical jobs, feel free to also get in contact. :)

Thanks.

(moderators, could this be made a sticky for people to bear in mind please?)My oven needs a good clean, and come March you can start doing my lawn too, much appreciated mate, your one of a dying breed!!!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 29th December 2005, 23:55
Am planning to come to visit my Brother v soon in Havant. Can bob over and give advice etc. Would be good to meet you both.

shiney
Friday 30th December 2005, 00:05
Am planning to come to visit my Brother v soon in Havant. Can bob over and give advice etc. Would be good to meet you both.

Dave that sounds excellent, I'm not very far at all from Havant. I've just bought one of those Koni setups for the car. :)

siamblue
Friday 30th December 2005, 23:51
Maybe a mini meet in Portsmouth, as there is another member on here from there ;)

Gary.

lil_me
Saturday 31st December 2005, 00:33
Nowhere near you but that M3 is very nice :B_steerin

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 31st December 2005, 00:42
I should be around on the 7th Jan and I will look forward to meeting you all (even Gary :haha: )

shiney
Monday 2nd January 2006, 08:47
Nowhere near you but that M3 is very nice :B_steerin

Thanks, its cost me an arm and a leg but I love it in the summer.
The volvo is my workhorse and the BMW is my fun drive. :)

jp850R
Monday 2nd January 2006, 09:00
Hi Shiney,nice motor by the way, i live near Fareham and have a unit with a couple of mates we have space for two cars (but squeeze 3 in over nite) and a 2 poster ramp its in fort fareham and its a hobby thing we usually pop down evenins and weekends and play about if your interested your more than welcome to pop in n say hi.
p.s i should be around sunday too, would be good to meet some more members :)

shiney
Monday 2nd January 2006, 09:05
Mate, that sounds like excellent news. I'll send you over my contact details and maybe we can meet up soon?

Thanks,

Paul

jmuggali
Monday 2nd January 2006, 09:35
Shiney you made me drool over your car on the e36coupe forum you going to make me jealous of your Volvo now as well!!

shiney
Monday 2nd January 2006, 12:13
Shiney you made me drool over your car on the e36coupe forum you going to make me jealous of your Volvo now as well!!

The plan is to have it looking nice over time yes. :D

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the M3, wasn't sure how another car would go down on a volvo owners site.

jmuggali
Monday 2nd January 2006, 15:35
Think this forum give BMW drivers as much stick as the e36coupe forum members give Volvo drivers, all in good fun.

gazjacko
Monday 2nd January 2006, 18:49
I'm up for a mini meet in the Portsmouth area (sorry but I draw the line at the city limits to Scumhampton!). it'd be good to put faces to names.

siamblue
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 01:02
The plan is to have it looking nice over time yes. :D

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the M3, wasn't sure how another car would go down on a volvo owners site.

Cracking car that M3, went out in one last year the 320 bhp version rather rapid car, only thing i didn't like about it was the harsh suspension, it was a P plate car though not one of the newer ones,

Gary