PDA

View Full Version : How do you turn SRS light out?

94 Btcc estate replica
Thursday 29th December 2005, 17:23
Hi there.

I ve have finaly replaced the original steering wheel with a OMP superturismo one (tiz lovely). I have the SRS light on now when driving, so how do you stop the light coming on?.. :remybussi

(MOT in january, i think even though i have replaced the steering wheel the regs state in a MOT that the light needs to go out after ignition/startup).

once this little problem is sorted, then i can get a 140mm spacer which goes between the Momo hub brackect and the steering wheel to get a more realistic driving postition to the btcc car...seats and brackets ready to fix on soon (before the spacer eh!)

thanks once again.

e "lammers"

hamish
Thursday 29th December 2005, 18:17
Hi,

As you have an airbag missing your only option to extinguish your SRS light is to remove the bulb ! (You do realise that your SRS system is now completely inoperative.) With regards the MOT do not worry the SRS system does not come into it. In other words it is a non testable item. So you can have warning lights on, warning lights off, Air bags removed, etc etc. An Air Bag not working or not there is not a 'reason for rejection'.

Regards,
Hamish.
MOT Nominated Tester & Authorised Examiner !
HLM / Chip Tuning Ltd.

BlackBeast
Thursday 29th December 2005, 21:37
I was told to go to my local Volvo dealership where they can deactivate the steering wheel airbag without affecting the other SRS components.

It would be stupid if they couldnt do it, cause what happens if a person is really short and they have to drive so close to the steering wheel, if the airbag went off their chest/head would be in bits all over the rear window.

BlackBeast
Friday 30th December 2005, 16:13
I will have to see what Rufe and the rest of my local volvo dealership will say on the subject, as i want to put my momo race steering wheel on there but i also want to keep the rest of the system working.

firestorm
Sunday 1st January 2006, 21:59
as far as the MoT concerns, hamish is right, the SRS warning light does not come into the MoT in anyway, like hamish, i am also an MoT tester.

firestorm
Sunday 1st January 2006, 23:16
yes m8, Park South, you gone to Oxford now, we'll have to meet up sometime

shiney
Monday 2nd January 2006, 08:34
Ed,

I am almost certain that momo do an airbag kit for all types of cars. This is basically a resistor pack that 'fools' the car into thinking the airbag is still in position.

I'm afraid I can't help any more other than to say that you could get them for the BMW, so I'm assuming the volvo must also have one.

Paul

BlackBeast
Monday 2nd January 2006, 15:18
And out of interest where can you get them from??? I know motorsportworld.com sell a normal momo kit.

GATHY
Wednesday 4th January 2006, 17:20
Take the bulb out and throw it away
dont buy anything cause your car already as a fault now it knows the airbags not there.
so youll have to go to volvo then theyll want to fit a new airbag before they release the car due to safety regs or some usual crap theyll come out with.i wouldnt think theyll turn the light off for you as the cars ment to have the airbag and then give them your monthly wages to pay for it.

best option and ive done it on loads of cars is to take the bulb out and forget about it.