PDA

View Full Version : Merry Xmas All - Now a Boost Question lol

Guilo2k4
Monday 26th December 2005, 22:53
Evening and a Merry Xmas to one and all.

When i am out in my 850 T5 and the boost guage reaches halfway on boost it seems like the car is holding back till i put my foot down, is all T5's like this.

And i am still having this problem with it being pretty flat in 4th and 5th gear.

All other gears are spot on, floor it and it goes.

Definately going to get Rica Re-map after the winter season and new set of wheels.

Any advice on the above is as always much appreciated.

Cheers

Kev

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 27th December 2005, 00:44
In standard tune the boost gauge on your dash will only go just over half way. I think boost is around 0.6 with a peak of around 0.8 bar....

Justin
Tuesday 27th December 2005, 09:30
Sounds like a saggy actuator or a slight boost leak, Halfway isnt bad a good one will show 3/4 though. ;)

LeeT5
Monday 23rd January 2006, 04:56
Sounds like a saggy actuator or a slight boost leak, Halfway isnt bad a good one will show 3/4 though. ;)

Come on Justin you know you cant guage a turbo on the standard fit guage cos they are not calibrated.
If you compared one car to another they would be different, doesnt mean the turbo is shagged or ancilleries....

The sure fire way to test is fit a seperate boost guage. Then see what you are boosting at. So long as you boost between 6-8 psi all is well. It may spike to 10psi if auto but that is normal, and it does it for a nano second during gear changing.

Justin
Monday 23rd January 2006, 08:27
Come on Lee, the dash give a reasonable indication. But to be accurate yes another boost gauge would be better. I also didnt say the turbo was shagged.

"If you compared one car to another they would be different, doesnt mean the turbo is shagged or ancilleries...." No it means no 2 cars are the same !

I suggest you change the "attitude" of your posts Lee.

Mrsmopp
Monday 23rd January 2006, 08:31
Come on Justin you know you cant guage a turbo on the standard fit guage cos they are not calibrated.

Although not 100% accurate it gives a good "indication" as to whats happening.

x

LeeT5
Monday 23rd January 2006, 17:52
Come on Lee, the dash give a reasonable indication. But to be accurate yes another boost gauge would be better. I also didnt say the turbo was shagged.

"If you compared one car to another they would be different, doesnt mean the turbo is shagged or ancilleries...." No it means no 2 cars are the same !

I suggest you change the "attitude" of your posts Lee.

:wtf: ATTITUDE??, you reading me all wrong. Yes you are right the oe guage does give a good indication but you know as well as i do that you wouldnt use it to guage performance and i never said you said the turbo was shagged, i mearly used it in context because most ppl assume that their turbo is shagged or worn just because the oe guage only boosts halfway in the white portion!!

'I suggest you change the "attitude" of your posts Lee'
Christ now i'm being threatened for doing nothing wrong!!!! I am merely trying to offer advice to a fellow member....

If i offended you then i am sorry, there was no intent. If you are going to ban me from the forum then just ban me, but please do not threaten me based on a misunderstanding of some text i wrote at 5 in the morning. (talk about wrong end of the stick)

Kiss and make up or what...?