PDA

View Full Version : Mbc?

Colin 850 T5
Saturday 24th December 2005, 00:02
Poking around the engine bay I discover a brass fitting inline on the hose to the wastegate. It has a spring and thread so it must adjust/restrict pressure to the waste gate.

Looking at Siamblues pics on the HID thread he has described a similar device as being an MBC Mk2 etc.

This brass item on mine is almost definitely not standard judging by the hoseclips used so am I looking at part of or all of an MBC?

siamblue
Saturday 24th December 2005, 03:09
Looks like it Colin put a pic up and we can tell you for sure,

Gary

arbee
Saturday 24th December 2005, 07:09
whats an mbc?

jross
Saturday 24th December 2005, 07:41
whats an mbc?

manual boost controller

allows you to manually set the boost level (instead of using the ECU to control boost)

arbee
Saturday 24th December 2005, 20:38
manual boost controller

allows you to manually set the boost level (instead of using the ECU to control boost)

ahhh, ta :)

LeeT5
Monday 23rd January 2006, 05:04
Poking around the engine bay I discover a brass fitting inline on the hose to the wastegate. It has a spring and thread so it must adjust/restrict pressure to the waste gate.

Looking at Siamblues pics on the HID thread he has described a similar device as being an MBC Mk2 etc.

This brass item on mine is almost definitely not standard judging by the hoseclips used so am I looking at part of or all of an MBC?

Careful - this could also be a Bleed valve. If it is then out it. They are rubbish as weather affects them ie atmospheric pressure and air temp also, so performance will be good one day and better the next.

Do your research on these baby's cos there are many types. (Although cant remember if Bleed valves have a ball bearing and spring???) plenty of know how and advice here...