PDA

View Full Version : got a t5 at last

firestorm
Thursday 22nd December 2005, 21:23
hi all, got to have a look at another t5 today, missus moaned all the way there, while i was having a look, and all the way back.

the problem i got is, she 'road tested' the car to tesco's, then to a mate's house, then more shopping, then home, she loves it when 'the little triangle light comes on' (traction control), how do i get the keys back???????

ps, it's a 'v' reg v70 t5, ex-plod

looks like i gotta get a t5 for me now.

BigJC
Thursday 22nd December 2005, 21:43
From past experience, you usually get the keys back when the tanks empty!
On the up side, it does sound like you have a solid case for a T5 of your own.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 23rd December 2005, 02:08
I am sorry to rain on your parade but...
triangle light is the lamdba light usually? Please describe - there is no light that comes on when the traction control is in operation - not that I am aware of?

I would be seriously concerned - get the codes read!!!

firestorm
Friday 23rd December 2005, 11:29
it's the same light that comes on when you turn the traction control off, orange triangle, got a car on it, with skid marks behind it.

lance
Friday 23rd December 2005, 12:04
Its must be a P2 car then as my S80 T6 had a similar light.

firestorm
Friday 23rd December 2005, 17:45
looks just like an 850

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4595985642&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:UK:12

found a way of gettng my keys back, she wants an orange one!!!

BlackBeast
Friday 23rd December 2005, 17:53
Tracs on a P1 will eliminate in the dash as 'Tracs Off', i have a feeling that wobbly is spot on with this one!!!

firestorm
Friday 23rd December 2005, 18:03
just had a look in the book, says TRACS disconnected, maybe a very late p1, with a few of the p2 extras, have seen this with other manufactures, dont know if volvo do this as well.

bedlam
Sunday 25th December 2005, 10:32
Firestorm,
You're dead right - the traction control light for traction off will flash up if you spin the wheels at any speed when control is not shut off.
The same light comes on in mine even when cornering at speed and lifting a wheel and there's nothing wrong with the system. My cars the last of P1, registered March 2000