PDA

View Full Version : 850 T5 engine rebuild - first time by myself!

Wheelspinwardrobe
Sunday 6th March 2022, 18:49
Hi Everyone,

Can I kindly ask for some help, I am going to atempt to rebuild my Volvo 850 T5 engine.

I have seen it done numerious times before and been involved with help, however I have never done it by myself.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction with regards to a step by step guide to help me avoid doing anything wrong.

I know there was/is a guide PDF on the Matthews site (https://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/engine-rebuild-tutorial-pdf/)

However it doesnt let me download it.

Can anyone help with any info.

Regards Phill

Dangerous Dave
Monday 7th March 2022, 11:54
I just used my Haynes manual TBH and went from there. It depends on your ability level though.

JT
Monday 7th March 2022, 18:20
Good luck with your build.

I tried my own rebuild and failed. Ran the engine in for over 800 miles, but once dropped in the race car,
only lasted 4 laps:lol:

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 5th May 2022, 01:31
Taken me 3 broken engines. My main bug bear is with the small screw holes in the white block head. Just be super careful when tightening steel into aluminium. Buy an engine stand & make sure you are fully engaged when trying to undo head bolts - so that the block doesn't move and you have the right shaped 14 mm socket so it is fully on the bolt head.