PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding a clash of parts under the bonnet?

Redduster
Friday 26th November 2021, 15:36
Hi, I have a 1998 V70R auto, FWD, and have a simple question that I am sure somebody will know the answer too?

Will a do88 RIP kit fit with a OEM 850 strut brace installed?

Just wish to avoid if I have to make a decision is not possible to have both items installed on a standard engine?

MoleT-5R
Friday 26th November 2021, 21:03
Hi, I have a 1998 V70R auto, FWD, and have a simple question that I am sure somebody will know the answer too?

Will a do88 RIP kit fit with a OEM 850 strut brace installed?

Just wish to avoid if I have to make a decision is not possible to have both items installed on a standard engine?

yes, many people have gone this route in the past and none that I know have had an issue, all are a straight swap afaik and good quality kit as well.

Redduster
Saturday 27th November 2021, 09:03
yes, many people have gone this route in the past and none that I know have had an issue, all are a straight swap afaik and good quality kit as well.

Thanks for the confirmation. I knew this would have not been the first, or probably, the last time somebody would enquire.

Redduster
Wednesday 9th February 2022, 17:29
Having bought the RIP kit a new issue has arisen which is air filtration. The do 88 kit says the inlet pipe to the OEM filter, which I have a K&N filter in, will not fit.

Having looked at some interesting! solutions, the nearest one that appears to be professional is the IPD short ram type, with an enclosed heat shield.

Has anybody an alternative solution for my 1998 V70r?

Cheers