PDA

View Full Version : Bruntingthorpe Meet August 06

Engineer
Monday 19th December 2005, 18:03
Just been looking at Wobbley's track day pics and wondered do we do these or just 1/4 mile runs?

madness
Monday 19th December 2005, 18:12
a bit of both

Wobbly Dave
Monday 19th December 2005, 18:17
Was looking to organise one for next year. It is a great track for T-day virgins (tonnes of run off and only cones to hit mostly).

Sadly the firm we used to book it is "under construction" - http://www.bigthunder.co.uk/ - so I dont know what their calendar is like for next year?

There are others and after Xmas I will get my organising hat on and get it booked.

http://www.easytrack.co.uk/homepage.asp

I also have a journey to make to Anglesey - Fancy a bit of twy croft (excuse spelling) and if nothing else - annoy Judge again!!

Methinks I need another T5 first?!

Engineer
Monday 19th December 2005, 18:39
Was looking to organise one for next year. It is a great track for T-day virgins (tonnes of run off and only cones to hit mostly).

Sadly the firm we used to book it is "under construction" - http://www.bigthunder.co.uk/ - so I dont know what their calendar is like for next year?

There are others and after Xmas I will get my organising hat on and get it booked.

http://www.easytrack.co.uk/homepage.asp

I also have a journey to make to Anglesey - Fancy a bit of twy croft (excuse spelling) and if nothing else - annoy Judge again!!

Methinks I need another T5 first?!Thanks Dave, put me down as long as it ain't Croft that's a foreign country.
Come on Andrew this is the deserted private road you keep on about :rally_dri :hilarious

Mrsmopp
Monday 19th December 2005, 18:42
Brunters is a great starting ground, not too taxing, nothing much to crash into, no gravel etc. I may even have my wee project up and running by then ;)

x

Mrsmopp
Monday 19th December 2005, 18:44
Plus its only 5 mins from my house so we can all come back here for beer!

x

lance
Monday 19th December 2005, 18:45
Nice,
Im defo up for some 1/4 miles, not sure I want to push mine on the track though!

Engineer
Monday 19th December 2005, 18:45
Plus its only 5 mins from my house so we can all come back here for beer!

xGot a spare bed seeing as you mentioned beer?

Mrsmopp
Monday 19th December 2005, 18:47
I'm sure something could be arranged ;)

x

Wobbly Dave
Monday 19th December 2005, 18:49
Brunters is the best choice IMHO - not too taxing and easy on the cars (ish).

Engineer
Monday 19th December 2005, 18:50
Nice,
Im defo up for some 1/4 miles, not sure I want to push mine on the track though!
Go on push it I will lend you some Tesco 99 ron.:rolleyes:

Engineer
Monday 19th December 2005, 19:14
I'm sure something could be arranged ;)

xTrack day + beer + bed = :wow:

siamblue
Monday 19th December 2005, 19:35
Got a spare bed seeing as you mentioned beer?

First dibs on the loft? I promise i will go to sleep up there. :B_steerin

After_Shock
Monday 19th December 2005, 19:58
Its not exactly around the corner but ive never tried so will be up for a go, depending when it is of course.

Engineer
Monday 19th December 2005, 20:48
Sticky on this thread?

Simon
Monday 19th December 2005, 21:02
Count me in for sure.

chriskay
Monday 19th December 2005, 23:44
I'm going there on 28th. of this month with the High Performance Club; it's an annual thing with them. Moppy; fancy offering me a bed on 27th.?

Andrew
Monday 19th December 2005, 23:51
Not sure a date has been mentioned yet but count me in....
Ac.

Mrsmopp
Monday 19th December 2005, 23:52
I'm going there on 28th. of this month with the High Performance Club; it's an annual thing with them. Moppy; fancy offering me a bed on 27th.?

If I was here then gladly hun, but we are off to my Dad's from the 27th to the 29th (extended xmas with more pressies for me!!) :slap:

x

Vikingxl
Tuesday 20th December 2005, 00:55
I will be up for it if i am allowed to drive again!

After_Shock
Wednesday 21st December 2005, 21:08
Is their any chance of at least 2 weeks prior notice to the event so I can get a couple of days off work, mainly as work every weeekend! Anymore notice than 2 weeks would be of great help.

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 22nd December 2005, 04:22
Would love to do bruntingthorpe again.. but I'm planning to do Ty-Croes in April and I have got to get my car back on the road before that....

Mrsmopp
Thursday 22nd December 2005, 09:46
And you cant do 2 in a year? ;)

x

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 22nd December 2005, 10:31
I shall be present at Brunters and Ty-Croes. If I have a T5 by then I defo will be running.

Crazy Eddie
Thursday 22nd December 2005, 11:54
Count me in with a bit of notice.
Need to see if the track buzz can get rid of the motorbike withdrawl I'm going through!!!

Let me know dates and I'll see if I can uprate my brakes in the meantime :)

JUDGENINJA
Friday 23rd December 2005, 01:51
And you cant do 2 in a year?
Yeah, but no, But Yeah, But....
Would do Bruntingthorpe later next year about June/July time...
You have to remember the trackday in Bruntungthorpe cost me around £400 including track ticket/fuel/accomadation...etc...

Engineer
Tuesday 3rd January 2006, 20:26
How about June or August then?

arryjmc
Sunday 15th January 2006, 19:11
Yeah, Not done a track day before, and Bruntingthorpe looks cool from the video of Wobbly Dave. And as much notice as possible would be nice for holiday calender, but whenever is cool

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 15th January 2006, 20:12
I vote August..!!!

Engineer
Sunday 15th January 2006, 20:28
I vote August..!!!Meet you there mate spot on for me. :eclipsee_

siamblue
Sunday 15th January 2006, 20:49
Meet you there mate spot on for me. :eclipsee_

August good for us too :)

Gary

Mrsmopp
Sunday 15th January 2006, 20:59
I'll look into dates and prices for August then guys

x

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 18:46
Brunters events planned up to May this year, for the coming months after that dates are still to be confirmed but they will advise me as soon as they know.

For those that didn't go last year:

Hemets must be worn but can be hired for £15.

1st driver is a cost of £125 (negotiating a group discount)
2nd driver is a cost of £25
Passengers are charged @ £5

x

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 4th February 2006, 00:35
........hired for £15.

1st driver is a cost of £125 (negotiating a group discount).......

:jaw: They have put their prices up a bit...25% increase.....was £99 last year

NugentS
Saturday 4th February 2006, 22:19
Is this Bruntingthorpe proving grounds - where they have all those fun different road types for testing cars with?

Sean

Mrsmopp
Saturday 4th February 2006, 22:56
Is this Bruntingthorpe proving grounds - where they have all those fun different road types for testing cars with?

Sean

The very same yes!

x

t5tart
Sunday 5th February 2006, 00:23
where is bruntng thorpe
dont think its far from m e
i know they do all the speed trials there i wanna tak e the bike there up the 2 mile runway lol

chriskay
Sunday 5th February 2006, 09:56
The very same yes!

x

Sounds more like Millbrook to me. Haven't seen different 'road types' at Bruntingthorpe (unless you know otherwise)?
Cheers, Chris.

Mrsmopp
Sunday 5th February 2006, 12:11
Brunters do training/courses on their off road course, with their trucks etc - there is a lot more to Bruntingthorpe than the track that we know about.

Its located in south Leicestershire about 8 miles from J20 of the M1

x

Marrk
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 16:22
Count me in on this one, should have at least one of my cars ready to be a saab thorn in the side of the rest of the field! :B_steerin

Got some decent suspension fitted now but a dead engine..... :frown:

Will they be doing the high speed run, as if all goes well I need to see what the extra hp translates to in top speed.
Hopefully I'll be around the nice round figure of 400hp and more hopefully have a full rev limit not the 4500 I had problems with last time!
See you all there!!

Now wheres my socket set.......in fact where the hell is my engine :)

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 23:07
Great! Be great to see your monster Saab back on the track - fancy getting a few more of the Saab boys to come along?

x

t5tart
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 23:15
why rent a helmet when i can supply some of them pretty cheap

great being in the bike trade

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 8th February 2006, 00:14
don't think I'll be keeping up next time then..!!!

Marrk
Wednesday 8th February 2006, 10:02
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68142

A few will be coming, Simon wants to test out his S60 thing with performance chip!

Simon
Wednesday 8th February 2006, 12:59
Marrk is getting worried now :B_blite:

T16s
Tuesday 28th March 2006, 21:29
Could be very tempted by this one, ol' whitey might be up to some sort of performance standard by august! count me in for now! :bog:

T5ER
Friday 14th April 2006, 22:01
hopefully lunatic will be done so i am up for it i would like to take him up a strip to see how quick a standard t5 is,A quick question do T5`s normally light up the the tyres in third when giving some boot

Mrsmopp
Friday 14th April 2006, 23:59
hopefully lunatic will be done so i am up for it i would like to take him up a strip to see how quick a standard t5 is,A quick question do T5`s normally light up the the tyres in third when giving some boot

Yes if your wearing ££££ tyres you will

x

T5ER
Saturday 15th April 2006, 10:40
in the dry and wearing semi slicks he he hence the new ones i have bought oh and a directional tyre fitted on the wrong way

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 15th April 2006, 15:21
Have we had any prices and dates yet....?

Mrsmopp
Saturday 15th April 2006, 15:40
Not yet, should have a date next month ;)

x

Gordy
Saturday 22nd April 2006, 10:09
Hi,

I'm keen to come along and my name is down over at Saabcentral. Unfortunately, my work may interfere though so I can't give a 100% commitment yet..

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 3rd May 2006, 17:17
I'd better get my order in now.....
I want Sunday 13th of August please....
If that's a convenient date for people....

Then I can do Santa Pod for the Auto Italia day (in a Fiat X1-9) on the Saturday,so I only have to make one trip......

Yes, I will be running my Volvo on the Sunday...

shaun850
Wednesday 3rd May 2006, 19:29
august and september are bad month's for me:(

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 4th May 2006, 14:57
I was just being cheeky.... but it gives Moppy something to aim for if were attempting to get a VPCUK discount....

marshall_volvo
Thursday 4th May 2006, 15:04
I'd better get my order in now.....
I want Sunday 13th of August please....
If that's a convenient date for people....

Then I can do Santa Pod for the Auto Italia day (in a Fiat X1-9) on the Saturday,so I only have to make one trip......

Yes, I will be running my Volvo on the Sunday...

Good day for me to as it is my birthday 2 days after

t5owner
Friday 5th May 2006, 12:15
Sunday is good for me also as its my day off from the drudgery of work

Cheers

stuart

Mrsmopp
Monday 26th June 2006, 16:12
Finally had some sort of confirmation from Fay @ Big Thunder (The event organisers) and it seems they wont be doing an August date (I have only been chasing her about this since February)

So the choice is either go for the 29th July date or we change the venue and still do an August date. The final decision will obviously take into account what the Saab boys want to do.

Let me know your thoughts cos if we need to change venue then I will need to get my arse in gear!

x

Wobbly Dave
Monday 26th June 2006, 16:14
I'd prefer Brunters on the 29th July (its nearly August anyway)

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 01:17
I've got :
July - Motor show (VPCUK discount tickets..if I can get the day off)
August - AutoItalia and RWYB (Fiat X19 and VPCUK mini meet..?)
Sept - TRAX - VPCUK display and a bit of track action.

Bruntingthorpe look very unlikely for me this time round....or even this year if my house hunting gathers flow....

t5tart
Tuesday 27th June 2006, 01:19
cant do the 29th
prior engagement sorry

Engineer
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 20:25
Sorry can’t do July moppy was hoping second week of August plus we now have Silverstone in September as well. Below links might be worth a look hun.

http://www.bedfordautodrome.com/ (http://www.bedfordautodrome.com/)

This link refers to Marham RAF base in Norfolk who might be persuaded to run an additional track day in August for us and the Saab lads, who knows? Not expensive either.

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=19901 (http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=19901)

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 20:29
I've been in contact with EasyTrack who run the Bedford track to see about discounts - 199 quid is a little excessive!!

x

arbee
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 20:30
plus we now have Silverstone in September as well.

[cheeky plug] Aye - Get your track fix on the grand prix circuit at Silverstone - and have a blinding day to boot - see sig ;) [/cheeky plug]

Engineer
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 20:36
I've been in contact with EasyTrack who run the Bedford track to see about discounts - 199 quid is a little excessive!!

x

Fair enough it sure is. Forget that then.

Ok arbee but an early August one would be nice as well mate.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 20:44
Marrk from Saab Central mentioned their guys had been talking about Rockingham, I have been to watch the NASCAR their and it was a great event and a good track - will ask Marrk about prices

x

Engineer
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 20:50
Marrk from Saab Central mentioned their guys had been talking about Rockingham, I have been to watch the NASCAR their and it was a great event and a good track - will ask Marrk about prices

x

Great idea just the oval? That would be fun.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 21:42
Hmmmmmm another 199 quid.......*goes back to the drawing board*

x

Engineer
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 21:48
Hmmmmmm another 199 quid.......*goes back to the drawing board*

x

God loves a trier hun keep going. :Handshake

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 21:49
God loves a trier hun keep going. :Handshake

Good job he does really isn't it LOL

x

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 22:09
Mallory Park? £159 quid but might be able to be talked down?

x

T5ER
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 22:11

x
if you knock the 1 of the front then that would be great,skint as i have just bought a lovely zost LOL

Engineer
Wednesday 28th June 2006, 22:17

x

I guess if we could get some numbers confirmed around a date it would make your job easier when sorting out the price hun, stating the obvious I know. :smile:

Marrk
Monday 10th July 2006, 19:19
I guess if we could get some numbers confirmed around a date it would make your job easier when sorting out the price hun, stating the obvious I know. :smile:

Okay, lets get some numbers and preferred dates and if your due to get married, give birth or go on holiday cancel it as this will be the most fun you'll have with or without your clothes on!!
No excuses, stick it on your credit card, rob a bank, stop drinking for a week...

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=725027#post725027

T5ER
Monday 10th July 2006, 19:30
cant do july,also trax in september,middle of august would have been good,what about avon park??? oh bad idea only 4 turned up last time sorry :sorry: