PDA

View Full Version : Back to the fold .... v70 2.4T

AlexW1
Saturday 10th April 2021, 17:42
I’ve come back to the fold ... The work Mitsubishi L200’s are on their way to being handed back, after DPF issues, engine problems & the worst experiences with the dealer & Mitsubishi Warranty - so I've bought myself something spacious, reliable, older & petrol driven!

I’m booked into the dealer on Tuesday for diagnostics to be checked before I go ahead & actually buy a new throttle body, but once it’s out of limp mode, do you guys have any advice on mods please, that aren’t massively expensive? The standard 200 Hp should be sufficient & I have a new air filter already, but you know how it goes ... before long I’ll want more, so I was wondering about the plug in tuning boxes instead of a remap - & if anyone has any good (or bad) experiences with them & if they really do give better fuel performance?
I have reservations about the really cheap eBay ones, but there are a few places on the internet with more expensive ones, but they do seem better supported ... any advice gratefully received.
Thanks.

P.s. if anyone has a V70 / XC70 dog guard for sale, please let me know.

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 10th April 2021, 19:50
Welcome back!!

It's a shame that other car manufacturers sometimes can't live up to expectations. But always nice when you get back in a Volvo :D

AlexW1
Sunday 11th April 2021, 11:41
Welcome back!!

It's a shame that other car manufacturers sometimes can't live up to expectations. But always nice when you get back in a Volvo :D

Thankyou.

If it weren’t for being given an upscaled & logo’d work vehicle, I’d never have got out of Volvo.

Yes - a huge pity. All it means for them, is that the work fleet will never contain another Mitsubishi vehicle again & I’ll certainly not buy one in my lifetime - but I suppose an 8 vehicle fleet & a personal opinion based on poor experience is nothing to worry about in these current times ... I mean everyone’s going out & buying new cars aren’t they, so none of the manufacturers or dealers need to work for anyone’s business ...