PDA

View Full Version : Where have they all gone!

Mkengineering
Sunday 4th April 2021, 13:40
So lately I've been searching for either a engine (b5244t5) or the whole car, whether it be the v70 or s60 I dont care.

But lately all i have been seeing is lots and lots of D5's, which have been priced utterly stupid; or have been to the moon and back! On the other spectrum I'll find the older 2.3 T5s which yet again have been to the moon and back!

Not so long ago when I wasnt looking, i could find at least 4 to 5 p2 2.4 t5s priced at a reasonable price! So what's happend?

The main reason I have been looking is purely I want the engine. I really dont care if it's a manual or auto, as il be scrapping the whole body. I am just utterly confused on where have they all gone? Why the sudden increase of diesel come up for sale?

Would of been perfect thou as I was looking for a d5 a few months ago Haha.

Anyway that's my little rant over. Just finding it so frustrating at the moment.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 4th April 2021, 16:20
Not a clue but it's not looking good if any of us are after a spare engine...

David P
Sunday 4th April 2021, 19:21
It costs less to buy a spare car!

brimfull
Monday 5th April 2021, 12:31
Always the case that when you are just looking loads of options come forward but as soon as you look to buy numbers seem drop. At the moment the price of a lot of things have gone up due to covid as many people haven't got the extra cash that they may usually have to spend on things like cars etc.

Mkengineering
Monday 5th April 2021, 22:21
Always the case that when you are just looking loads of options come forward but as soon as you look to buy numbers seem drop. At the moment the price of a lot of things have gone up due to covid as many people haven't got the extra cash that they may usually have to spend on things like cars etc.

I agree with that

Mkengineering
Monday 5th April 2021, 22:22
It costs less to buy a spare car!

You would of thought so. But so far I've had salvage yards come back to me giving silly quote prices on the engines. Almost 3k!

LeeT5
Wednesday 7th April 2021, 11:10
You would of thought so. But so far I've had salvage yards come back to me giving silly quote prices on the engines. Almost 3k!

Supply exceeded by demand, hence the high price. They're not stupid!

David P
Wednesday 7th April 2021, 14:38
Here's one with claimed sensible mileage going for sensible money... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164801348391?ul_noapp=true