PDA

View Full Version : V70 vs 2.5T

Alfaman
Monday 19th December 2005, 13:02
Can anyone please give me any guidance on the relative merits of the 2.5T compared with the T5.

I'm looking at a clean 1997 V70 2.5T witk 115K, one owner FSH for £2.5k with all the toys plus new cambelt and clutch (I don't know why it should need a clutch at 70k beut perhaps they tow?) - which seems like good value .

How well would it respond to chipping up from the standard 193 bhp (I believe) and would I be missing out on things like uprated suspension and brakes ?

Thanks in anticipation and apologies 'cos I know this is a T5 forum rather than a 2.5T forum!!

Ian

Wobbly Dave
Monday 19th December 2005, 13:22
Accepted that the main focus is the T5 but you dont have to own one to be a part of our community. Currently I own bits of one - :slap:

Anyroad - relative merits. The LPT (low pressure turbo) on the 2.5 comes in a lot earlier - 1500 rpm but runs out of steam sooner. For zooming around town - this is ideal and it will be quicker off the mark than the equivalent T5. You can tune the LPTs. Ultimately if you want a big power - a big mid to top end then T5 is better, but the 2.5 is no slouch.

I suggest you drive both before buying one. Depends on your driving style and ultimately what you have in mind as a power/torque figure.