PDA

View Full Version : I have a T5!!!!!

brimfull
Monday 29th March 2021, 18:14
Well after 5 -6 months of searching I bought a V50 T5 two weeks ago.

She is a 2009 T5 R-Design SE.

Here are a few snaps I took last week (The bonnet was unlocked at the time of taking the pictures hence the alignment:wink:)

kmb
Wednesday 31st March 2021, 21:17
Very nice... identical 18" Medusa wheels and colour as my C30 T5 (powder coated anthracite). Any plans for it?

Mkengineering
Thursday 1st April 2021, 00:05
Very nice.

Welcome

brimfull
Thursday 1st April 2021, 12:42
Very nice... identical 18" Medusa wheels and colour as my C30 T5 (powder coated anthracite). Any plans for it?

Thanks,

The wheels have recently been refurbished and to be honest, they are in the colour that I would have chosen myself. The plan at the moment is to tidy up a few issues. I have replaced a cracked mirror in one of the sun visors, I have replaced the windscreen washer jets and I have today received a brand new set of genuine Volvo car mats as the driver's one is beyond repair. I have replaced all the discs and pads with Brembo items as I was getting a slight wobble through the steering wheel on heavy braking which I put down to warped discs. The new discs and pads have cured this issue. I fitted a K&N Panel filter this is something I have always done on my turbo-engined cars as after a few services the filter pays for its self as they don't need replacing just cleaning and re-oiled with a very liberal amount of oil.

The inside has had a good clean with the seats receiving some leather cleaner and protector. Everything inside the car works as it should with the high-performance sound system sounding fantastic.

Sat Nav system works a treat although it is a bit outdated with its looks however I do have the option to use my phone via the USB port for navigation.

Next week it is going to a Body-shop to have several scratches that have penetrated the base coat repaired. Mechanically it appears all good having had a few hundred pounds spent on various suspension components and everything else appears to be in order.

Car was serviced and checked over back in Feb this year by a Volsaa garage in Derby who found no issues. I have purchased 6lts of Millers oil which I will change in the next few months as the oil was only changed back in Feb.

brimfull
Thursday 1st April 2021, 12:43
Very nice.

Welcome

Thanks

brimfull
Monday 12th April 2021, 20:36
Fitted a set of these headlight bulbs this evening. Not had a chance to put the headlights on yet to see if there is an improvement over the Philips ones that were already fitted.

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h7...gen-bulbs.html

Also replaced the locking wheel nuts with regular nuts as far as I am concerned locking nuts are more hassle than what they are worth.

kmb
Tuesday 13th April 2021, 20:28
Sounds like you're getting it how you want. Nice to sort everything.

brimfull
Wednesday 14th April 2021, 19:20
Sounds like you're getting it how you want. Nice to sort everything.

Yes, I collected it from the Bodyshop on Monday having had several scratches and blemish removed and the guy has done an excellent job to be fair, with the car being Silver quite a lot of blending was needed to avoid the grey/smokey appearance you get with poorly repaired Silver cars.

I also purchased a set of genuine Volvo car mats to replace the rather tatty-looking aftermarket ones that were fitted when I bought the car. These were Volvo items were not cheap but are a perfect fit and great quality.

kmb
Thursday 15th April 2021, 21:03
May I ask how much they cost? I have the same set in my C30 and noticed underneath the driver's heel (underside) it's starting to get thin and soft, wouldn't mind renewing them.

brimfull
Friday 16th April 2021, 14:31
May I ask how much they cost? I have the same set in my C30 and noticed underneath the driver's heel (underside) it's starting to get thin and soft, wouldn't mind renewing them.I paid around £80 including delivery from Volvo parts TMS.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LeeT5
Sunday 18th April 2021, 17:25
Yes, I collected it from the Bodyshop on Monday having had several scratches and blemish removed and the guy has done an excellent job to be fair, with the car being Silver quite a lot of blending was needed to avoid the grey/smokey appearance you get with poorly repaired Silver cars.

I also purchased a set of genuine Volvo car mats to replace the rather tatty-looking aftermarket ones that were fitted when I bought the car. These were Volvo items were not cheap but are a perfect fit and great quality.

Those will be great now the summer is just round the corner but I'd advise that you get the Genuine winter mats too, otherwise they'll be ruined in less than 12 months!
The rubber mats are normally very cheap around £40 from Volvo.

brimfull
Tuesday 20th April 2021, 15:13
Those will be great now the summer is just round the corner but I'd advise that you get the Genuine winter mats too, otherwise they'll be ruined in less than 12 months!
The rubber mats are normally very cheap around £40 from Volvo.I still have the knackered set, to go back in for the winter

brimfull
Tuesday 11th May 2021, 16:44
Gave the car a wash this morning using Powermaxed shampoo and then I applied a coat of Poorboys White Diamond polish. Unfortunately, I was not able to apply a layer of wax or take a few photos due to the Thunderstorm and rain that started just I finished applying the polish :mad111:

kmb
Tuesday 11th May 2021, 21:30
How are you getting on with the T5 generally, how does it compare to your previous car for example? Would be interesting to hear your opinion.

LeeT5
Wednesday 12th May 2021, 09:58
Gave the car a wash this morning using Powermaxed shampoo and then I applied a coat of Poorboys White Diamond polish. Unfortunately, I was not able to apply a layer of wax or take a few photos due to the Thunderstorm and rain that started just I finished applying the polish :mad111:

Interesting concept. Why would you "apply polish"? :smileypul Polish, by definition, is a cutting compound used for removal of light marring and swirl marks to the clearcoat. You cannot 'apply' polish. It offers no protection whatsoever, especially once buffed off!

I take it the paint work didn't need a mechanical decontamination by clay bar or similar OR the use of a fallout remover to remove iron contaminants from the clearcoat? Just saying because otherwise, your application of polish would have served no purpose other than to induce more swirls marks, marring and scratches to your paint, whilst giving the illusion of the paint being smooth to the touch because you used a polish.

It was just as well the thunderstorm came in and stopped you sealing the clearcoat with wax. :eek:

LeeT5
Wednesday 12th May 2021, 10:04
I paid around £80 including delivery from Volvo parts TMS.

Volvo parts TMS......relatively new company I believe.

I've had a look on they're website at everything they have to offer and it appears good. One thing I have noticed is they appear to match Volvo dealer prices on accessories however, they end up costing more money because of the postage costs. It's nearly always cheaper for me to get from my local dealer.

brimfull
Friday 14th May 2021, 22:03
Interesting concept. Why would you "apply polish"? :smileypul Polish, by definition, is a cutting compound used for removal of light marring and swirl marks to the clearcoat. You cannot 'apply' polish. It offers no protection whatsoever, especially once buffed off!

I take it the paint work didn't need a mechanical decontamination by clay bar or similar OR the use of a fallout remover to remove iron contaminants from the clearcoat? Just saying because otherwise, your application of polish would have served no purpose other than to induce more swirls marks, marring and scratches to your paint, whilst giving the illusion of the paint being smooth to the touch because you used a polish.

It was just as well the thunderstorm came in and stopped you sealing the clearcoat with wax. :eek:Typo white diamond is a glaze and not a polish. It contains no cutting compound.

brimfull
Friday 14th May 2021, 22:06
How are you getting on with the T5 generally, how does it compare to your previous car for example? Would be interesting to hear your opinion.Hi, getting along with the car just fine, drives great without any issues. Not the quickest car I have owned but with 230bhp it still pulls really well.

Morgan Harris
Monday 24th May 2021, 03:23
It looks clean and well-maintained. I really like the aftermarket wheels on this T5, it added style to the SUV.

brimfull
Wednesday 26th May 2021, 14:27
It looks clean and well-maintained. I really like the aftermarket wheels on this T5, it added style to the SUV.

Thanks, the wheels are standard 18inch Volvo v50 wheels just refurbished.

brimfull
Wednesday 26th May 2021, 14:27
Fitted a new battery as the old one was starting to lose a few Volts here and there.

I fitted a Varta Silver edition battery which has the same spec as the Volvo battery but cost me £77 instead of £132 for the Volvo one.

Ordered and collected the battery from these guys as they are not too far away from me

https://www.tayna.co.uk/battery-char...RoCtpcQAvD_BwE

Morgan Harris
Wednesday 7th July 2021, 00:56
Fitted a new battery as the old one was starting to lose a few Volts here and there.

I fitted a Varta Silver edition battery which has the same spec as the Volvo battery but cost me £77 instead of £132 for the Volvo one.

Ordered and collected the battery from these guys as they are not too far away from me

https://www.tayna.co.uk/battery-char...RoCtpcQAvD_BwE

Did that solved the issue? Care to share any updates?

Moonpiemagic
Monday 26th July 2021, 16:43
Nice one, what mileage you at when you did the battery change? Might be worth getting the alternator checked to make sure its charging ok. Ive had 2 P1 S40's and both had a failing alternator at high mileage, resulting in dead battery, resulting in cosmic display of flashing lights :cussing: