PDA

View Full Version : Recommend tuner northwest.

LockdownLen
Saturday 27th March 2021, 21:10
Evening all.
I’m after recommendation for a full exhaust system and remap for a s60 2.4 T5 in the Liverpool / Manchester area. Not to sure who to trust nowadays, any help would be much appreciated, also my car has done 112k would it be advisable to change the timing belt first, it has full service history and looks well cared for.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 28th March 2021, 15:32
Evening all.
I’m after recommendation for a full exhaust system and remap for a s60 2.4 T5 in the Liverpool / Manchester area. Not to sure who to trust nowadays, any help would be much appreciated, also my car has done 112k would it be advisable to change the timing belt first, it has full service history and looks well cared for.

A full stage 0 tune up is always recommended prior to remapping a car, always best to have it running in optimal condition to get the best from remapping it, as for the timing belt change, that could be a good idea and a insurance policy to handle uprated power seeing as you are probably about halfway between belt change service points. Sorry but can't recommend anyone up that way for exhaust and mapping unfortunately.

LockdownLen
Sunday 28th March 2021, 21:47
Thank you sir, I’m new to volvos and haven’t had a performance car since my Nissan sunny gtir 20 or so years ago. I was more drawn to the solid build and comfortable leather heated seats, it being a t5 was a bonus. I will take your advice before I make any such mods. Am I limited as it’s the auto and not manual or will this hold up just as well ? I had a 5k budget the car cost half that so got same again to mod it. Anything else I should be looking at, not to worried about handling i plod most of time, with the odd blast.

brimfull
Thursday 1st April 2021, 18:54
Bd Performance in Wrexham have a very good rep, they do however complete most of their work on the later T5 lump fitted to Focus St/RS so do know their way around the later T5 engines but they may be worth speaking to.

LockdownLen
Monday 5th April 2021, 20:26
Thanks for that brimfull, might have a pop out for a run that way soon then.

Mkengineering
Monday 5th April 2021, 22:25
Evening all.

What year is you car on?