PDA

View Full Version : Reversing sensors that appear to do nothing

Tee5alive
Tuesday 16th February 2021, 09:25
Just noticed on my new XC70 that it appears to have 'reversing sensors' on the rear bumper?

The thing is there is no indicator either audible or visual that they could be connected to so WHY are they fitted please?

Thanks

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 16th February 2021, 10:57
They could be blanking plugs?

I had a look at the audio in my S60 as the speakers were shocking and the tweeter "module" had the wires going to it clipper into a plastic housing which had no tweeter in it. Why go to all the trouble of fitting a plastic housing that even looks like a tweeter and attaching the wiring. Bloody Ford.

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 17th February 2021, 10:25
As Dave mentioned they could be blanking plugs, or possibly the bumper has been swapped a some point in the cars history for one reason or another.

LeeT5
Wednesday 17th February 2021, 18:11
Just noticed on my new XC70 that it appears to have 'reversing sensors' on the rear bumper?

The thing is there is no indicator either audible or visual that they could be connected to so WHY are they fitted please?

Thanks

Does it have the rear parking sensor button on the dash?
If not, then as above, the bumper has been replaced or someone attempted to fit them.

Tee5alive
Friday 19th February 2021, 14:29
Right thanks guys ill ignore them and fit a reverse cam!

LeeT5
Friday 19th February 2021, 15:31
Right thanks guys ill ignore them and fit a reverse cam!

Would be much cheaper and more useful. Just have to keep cleaner the camera lens all the time.