PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP PLEASE instrument failure

Tee5alive
Tuesday 16th February 2021, 06:34
Hi Folks

took delivery of my 'new' XC yesterday had a test drive all was great. However I had to leave home at 04:30 this morning ( I work 12 hour shifts starting early so its ALWAYS pitch black unless mid summer!)

All was normal I drove down the road a mile or so and suddenly I lost ALL INSTRUMENTS, and the radio unit was flickering! So no idea of speed, fuel temp NOTHING. I set up my TomTom which gave me exact speed as the M3 is horrendous for 'twitchy' speed cameras even if you are a few MPH over the limit! So that got me to work.

Otherwise the car was running normally I did a check of the lights and indicators, all good so I could get to work for my shift.
can anyone please tell me WHICH fuse there might be for this group and which fuse panel? When I finish its also dark so I need instruments.

Thank You

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 16th February 2021, 10:50
Could be the start of the Dash Module failing (DIM failure) although I think that was early models that had that issue

Or your alternator has packed up.

Did you check if the interior lights were flickering too?

Does it have a dash lights dimmer dial thingy? Maybe that is dodgy?

Just re-read your post, did the dash lights die too?

Tee5alive
Thursday 18th February 2021, 21:22
Could be the start of the Dash Module failing (DIM failure) although I think that was early models that had that issue

Or your alternator has packed up.

Did you check if the interior lights were flickering too?

Does it have a dash lights dimmer dial thingy? Maybe that is dodgy?

Just re-read your post, did the dash lights die too?

Hi Dave

the whole instrument pod went black but i had lights on the radio. I got out and checked all lights ALL WORKING. I got to work and phone the dealer and he immediately sent a driver to collect the car and bring me a courtesy car. Its now gone to a company called ECU something up in the Midlands they may have to fit a complete new dials pod and recode it for the new alarm module ?

So driving round in an A4 2.5 Tdi!

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 18th February 2021, 22:02
Fair play to the dealer for getting on it (as long as he doesn't charge you :D)

Fingers crossed they get it sorted quickly for you

Tee5alive
Wednesday 3rd March 2021, 22:23
Well i got the car back after 2 weeks and it was blatantly clear the bloke had LIED. Driving home from a night shift the day after i got the car back it all went dark again and weird things going on! There was a MAJOR electrical fault on that car, the instrument lights wouldnt dim, you press one fog light button the ALL CAME ON. I hate to say it but i NEVER thought. I would see a Volvo that was a ‘POS’! I was livid.

I told him to come get the thing and give me back my money, which he did after some moaning! Long story short a few days later i found a real beaut, low mileage for a V70 a SE with all the extras and not ONE fault or warning on the DIM!