PDA

View Full Version : repair or buy

markt4
Sunday 18th December 2005, 22:13
my t4 has a scratch/dent in the drivers door , been there since i got it. finally got round to taking it to a backstreet repair/paint shop , he wants £100 to fix it and respray the bottom half of the door. now ive had a few cars sprayed and i can allways tell (maybe because i know its been sprayed there) and i think the car looks like its been in a smash as the colours never match 100%. so is it best to do it this way or scower the salvage yards across the country for a blue/green drivers side door and does any1 know how much one of those would cost??? or would i still get the same effect with colour deteriation

After_Shock
Sunday 18th December 2005, 22:44
You will have the same problem getting hold of a door, the colours will never match 100% due to age differences and also differences in batches of paint from the factory.

Your best bet is to get it done at a bodyshop, if they do a good job will take alot to be able to tell the difference.

siamblue
Sunday 18th December 2005, 23:01
my t4 has a scratch/dent in the drivers door , been there since i got it. finally got round to taking it to a backstreet repair/paint shop , he wants £100 to fix it and respray the bottom half of the door. now ive had a few cars sprayed and i can allways tell (maybe because i know its been sprayed there) and i think the car looks like its been in a smash as the colours never match 100%. so is it best to do it this way or scower the salvage yards across the country for a blue/green drivers side door and does any1 know how much one of those would cost??? or would i still get the same effect with colour deteriation

How big is the damage? any pics, because dent master or alike will actually repair it and air brush it too match,

Gary

markt4
Monday 19th December 2005, 09:47
cheers lads

the scratch is about 5 inches long and is on a 45 degree angle

Steve36
Monday 19th December 2005, 10:43
Mark just been looking at some local lads for the repairs for your car ,give them a bell,they may give you a better price,or maybe able to do a better job in matching colour etc;

sunderland coachworks 0191 5640202
autospray-durham 0191 3771333
GT cosmetics sunderland 0191 5656722
fadeaway houghton le spring 0191 5845245

hope this helps mate,Steve.

markt4
Monday 19th December 2005, 15:32
cheers steve. ill give them a ring after christmas