PDA

View Full Version : passenger airbag on Volvo v70 2006

Thomas larsen
Thursday 3rd December 2020, 16:20
Hi

I have an Volvo v70 2006 i dont have the possibility to turn the passenger airbag of.. i have checked if mine was one of them that had it in the seat, but no.. i have checked if i had a switch to it, but no.. but i have the wiring and plug to the switch on the passenger side behind the dash at the end.. i have bought an switch, but as soon as i use it, i get an airbag fault on the passenger side airbag.. does anyone know if the software to the switch is on this box under the center console?

Thomas larsen
Friday 4th December 2020, 19:33
No One??

Dangerous Dave
Friday 4th December 2020, 22:20
It doesn't look like it at the moment I'm afraid. But someone may come along who knows, don't worry.

Thomas larsen
Saturday 19th December 2020, 20:55
Still no one that have done that mod?

Harvey
Sunday 20th December 2020, 16:10
I would say it would require a software update as the SRS module is part of the Can network & the cabin rear view mirror has a warning lamp if isolator switch is used which is also on the network.

Harvey
Sunday 20th December 2020, 16:17
This is the switch in question.

Thomas larsen
Sunday 20th December 2020, 18:56
yes i have the switch.. but is the software not in the box i have shown on the first picture??

Harvey
Sunday 20th December 2020, 21:34
yes i have the switch.. but is the software not in the box i have shown on the first picture??
You can't swap control boxes from different cars as they are paired to the original car .
Vdash can reset the box to a virgin state have a Google.
but you would still need a software change best ask a Volvo dealer or Vdash if they can help you.

https://d5t5.com/article/volvo-change-configuration

Thomas larsen
Monday 21st December 2020, 16:09
You can't swap control boxes from different cars as they are paired to the original car .
Vdash can reset the box to a virgin state have a Google.
but you would still need a software change best ask a Volvo dealer or Vdash if they can help you.

https://d5t5.com/article/volvo-change-configuration

Ok thanks for your help.. i will trye to get a hold in them