PDA

View Full Version : V70 over revving

Jody
Thursday 29th October 2020, 09:01
Has anyone else experienced the same problem my V70 has?
When changing gear the revs go up before dropping back down again. It depends on how hard I am accelerating before a gear change on how far the revs shoot up.
I don't know whether this may be the cause but the clutch is very high so I have bought a new clutch and dual mass flywheel but have yet to get it fitted.
Has anyone any idea on the cause and more importantly a cure?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jody
Thursday 29th October 2020, 09:04
I should have said, when I dip the clutch, the revs increase before dropping, but this doesn't happen if I'm stationary.

MoleT-5R
Thursday 29th October 2020, 13:12
A sticky idle control valve possibly springs to mind...?? My Gul's rev's hang between gear changes but I believe that is down to me using a remapped auto ecu on a manual car, but I not been bothered enough to put the original ecu back in to find out if it goes away then.

Jody
Monday 2nd November 2020, 14:29
I've also noticed the car has a massive loss of power when under load(up hills). I have renewed the spark plugs. Attached a code reader which gave no codes. I've had no issue with any of the other Volvo's I've owned in the past but this thing is starting to get on my nerves.

Dangerous Dave
Monday 2nd November 2020, 15:16
Have you done a stage 0 tune? (link below)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?217-Stage-0-Tune-Up

It's an old link but still pretty much relevant. It is pointless trying to troubleshoot a problem if one or more of those components aren't working correctly in the first place, especially considering the age of some of our vehicles now (which may be running on original parts that are beyond service life)

Also, what year is your V70 and what engine?

Jody
Wednesday 4th November 2020, 18:00
My V70 is a 2000, 2.4, litre petrol (140bhp). She's done 198000.00 miles.
I think the cause of the car being slow may have been solved. My local garage attached their OBD2 reader. It came back that their was a problem with the throttle pedal/throttle body. When the pedal was depressed 1/2 way down the reader shoed only 15% and when the pedal was to the floor, 88%.
The pedal/throttle body was reset. The problem of the revs increasing between changing gears is still happening though. If I let the car coast (with the clutch pedal pressed to the floor, the rev the car, the revs drop immediately,. Really weird how it only happens when changing gear.