PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel angle sensor Wrong signal

David P
Tuesday 20th October 2020, 17:38
(Newbie C30 owner confused by electronic information)

I have just uploaded a BSR stage 1 map to my C30 D5 and after then synchronising the PPC3 with BSR, my synch page information tells me;

SWM - STEERING WHEEL MODULE
0x0201
Steering wheel angle sensor Wrong signal

Does this mean that the sensor has been installed in a wrong position or does this mean that that the sensor has failed?

Edit: I have discovered this is IT lingo for; your steering wheel is not as dead centre as the computer would like!

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 21st October 2020, 07:13
(Newbie C30 owner confused by electronic information)

I have just uploaded a BSR stage 1 map to my C30 D5 and after then synchronising the PPC3 with BSR, my synch page information tells me;

SWM - STEERING WHEEL MODULE
0x0201
Steering wheel angle sensor Wrong signal

Does this mean that the sensor has been installed in a wrong position or does this mean that that the sensor has failed?

Edit: I have discovered this is IT lingo for; your steering wheel is not as dead centre as the computer would like!

Thanks that's handy to know, it will save a bit of head scratching should I see it ever come up some day.

David P
Wednesday 21st October 2020, 09:15
The computer also claimed there was a fault with the audio.
But after the "computer says no" re. the steering wheel wasn't quite straight was clue enough.
So it didn't take me long to realise that it didn't like how I had the left right speakers balanced.
After setting the left/right, front/back, bass and treble all to the centre line, the computer was happy and reported no faults. :D

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 21st October 2020, 11:08
Too much tech ££££ to go wrong!

David P
Friday 23rd October 2020, 02:26
Even though it's 12-years old this is the most modern car I have owned and I do find that much of the tech element is more wind-up than bonus.