PDA

View Full Version : Caersws Mini Meet and Run Yesterday

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 2nd September 2020, 12:30
Big thanks to Dangerous Dave, Claymore and Wobbley Dave for turning out last night for a little get together and run over some very nice welsh roads, unfortunately my phone was dead and was unable to charge it, so no pic's or vid's from me, hopeful some of the others will be able to post some up later. Great to see everyone again and it seems like ages since the last time we where all together, nice to see Wobbley's SSB tearing up the tarmac again and see Betsy's latest developments. Colin's active aero for the T-10K on the development mule (mini) was great and I hope he pops up a vid on here, of it in action yesterday evening. Great to catch up just Dangerous and see all of Poly's latest Mods, he was holidaying locally and was the reason for the impromptu meet-up, may be next time we'll turn it into a full meet and run, the only issue there is traffic as it is a popular tourist area and can be very busy with traffic, not what a bunch of T-5's need when they wish to push on a bit and enjoy the flowing corners and crest's on what is a fantastic set of roads we ran last night. Unfortunately due to my current car woes, I had to take the XC90 and do my best to keep up with them all in a heavy old beast with only 163hp and auto to, though that said I did enjoy my run through the stunning scenery, the geartronic was most useful on the climbs and really help keep momentum going. Only one downfall of the night was the end, as we were mean to be enjoying fish and chips at the end of the run, at one of our favourite chippy's, which unfortunately for us was shut.....doh! But all in all a lovely evening....thanks guys.

claymore
Wednesday 2nd September 2020, 19:35
yep, very much enjoyed trying to keep up with Dangerous Dave, here's a link to a 9 minute video....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Lozhgo9F4

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 2nd September 2020, 20:52
Lol Colin, trying to keep up. You had no problem :)

An immensely good run with some good friends!

That's a great road and should be kept a secret :D

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 2nd September 2020, 20:52
There is always a level of anxiety when it comes to taking Betsy out, particularly when I have had my fair share of epic fails.

There has sadly been nothing to share for 2.5 years, during her Shemtek holiday, but it was good to get out and more than anything I appreciated the 2nd opinions. There is still more work to do, but hopefully the snagging list will not include any further engine replacements.

MoleT-5R
Thursday 3rd September 2020, 00:59
It's just the dialling in the you need to do now, you need to be able to get a on road data stream (log) going and then you will benefit for the gains that are obviously there to be had, from what we have seen. Following you Betsy looks to handle lovely and disappears into the distance rapidly, when you boot it, she just requires a bit of tweaking.....at the end of the day it's a long term project and they all do, the best thing is that it is your project and you can now tweak as you like when you like and not have to worry about daily duties.....how was the drive home, now you have few miles under your belt of getting to know Betsy again...? I do think an afr gauge would help you with sorting your current issues and the AEM item that I can fully recommend will also give you 30 minutes datalogging to boot...https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/wideband-uego-air-fuel-controllers/wideband-failsafe-gauge... I am currently working on a failsafe mechanism to work in conjunction with the gauge and other AEM equipment that will react with boost and meth issues to protect the engine should the worst happen, hopefully I'll have more on this soon

MoleT-5R
Thursday 3rd September 2020, 01:14
Lol Colin, trying to keep up. You had no problem :)

An immensely good run with some good friends!

That's a great road and should be kept a secret :D

I think that got out a while back, but I'll keep it under Claymore's FEZ for now..:troutslap

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 3rd September 2020, 16:48
We don't want what happened to the evo triangle to happen on that road though :( I guess it will come to it at some point...

kmb
Thursday 3rd September 2020, 21:23
How is the Claymore supercharged turbo two engined car these days? Would love an update Colin.

Long time no see :)

claymore
Thursday 3rd September 2020, 21:34
How is the Claymore supercharged turbo two engined car these days? Would love an update Colin.

Long time no see :)

If i could get the picture uploader to work, I'd do an update on the T-10 and the T-5RS

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 3rd September 2020, 22:57
If i could get the picture uploader to work, I'd do an update on the T-10 and the T-5RS
It should be working. Is there an error message?

Scratch that, it doesn't seem to be working. I'll get onto it

kmb
Friday 4th September 2020, 21:28

Very much looking forward to that!

MoleT-5R
Saturday 5th September 2020, 12:33
Very much looking forward to that!

Me too, as I have to find a better way to do pictures now photobucket and flickr have shat on there users and become money grabbers.

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 5th September 2020, 14:26
Me too, as I have to find a better way to do pictures now photobucket and flickr have shat on there users and become money grabbers.
Well the picture upload works, but only in the advanced editor and not in the quick reply.

This seems to be an issue with the forum software as other forums have the same issue. I'm still working on it.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 6th September 2020, 18:44
Right. Image uploading should now be working in the quick reply as well as the advanced editor. You can upload multiple images at once too. Only problem is the maximum file size is 5.2MB, it seems it can't handle more than that.

Have a play, let me know of any issues.