PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Level sensor

Tee5alive
Wednesday 12th August 2020, 12:30
When I bought the car the owner pointed out known faults. The only major one was 'a water leak that needed topping up every few days' and COOLANT LEVEL LOW on the DIM's.

The usual fault with old V70's is the expansion tank - it gets brittle with age and the pipe fittings develop small cracks, eventually the pipes break right off. Ive had this on 4 of my past cars! So I ALWAYS change the bottle to a VOLVO OEM product - its worth the extra money as they last longer.......DONT BUY A CHINKY KNOCK OFF.........I digress

I thought my new one had the sensor already fitted but it doesnt.:slap:

Despite checking Euro parts Ebay etc I CANNOT find the right sensor for my 'new' brick. She is a 2003 V70 D5 SE auto 2.4 163 bhp. P2.

Can anyone PLEASE post up a link to the right one as I dare not use the car in this heat WITHOUT the cooling system PERFECT. She will go a few days before topping up - but I value my engine! NOT RISKING IT. 35 FECKIN DEGREES here is MENTAL for UK!!

BRING BACK THE RAIN!!:cry:

Thanks Peeps

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 12th August 2020, 16:11
Does the old one not just unclip?

Assuming the Petrol and Diesel use the same part (as I don't see a fuel type listed) Parts for Volvo do a genuine one and an oem one but the price difference is only £4
https://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=608_615&products_id=9071

The only difference I can see between mine and the later one above is the connector is different. I just popped mine out by bending the clips on the old tank and swapped it into the new genuine coolant tank.

Tee5alive
Wednesday 12th August 2020, 17:51
Oh I'll try that then Dave - the sensor is knackered hence why I need a new one!

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 12th August 2020, 18:03
Oh I'll try that then Dave - the sensor is knackered hence why I need a new one!
Ah I see now lol. Checking on the Skandix website it should fit the diesel.

https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/electrics/sender-units-sensors/sensor-cooling-water-level/1013528/