PDA

View Full Version : Tracs

oblark
Saturday 17th December 2005, 14:23
Hi,

I would like to fit traction control to my 96 850 T5, i`ve got the Tracs switch, which when operated brings on the Tracs warning light. I`m I right in thinking that all i need now is a Tracs/abs unit ?

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 17th December 2005, 14:29
Not sure I'd bother attempting to fit a TRACS system unless all you want is low speed wheel spin assistance (upto 35mph only without hammering)..

Look out for a Race logic system for a fully operational system. I don't know what's involved on this one or the cost, but it seems to be the weapon of choice...

S60D5
Saturday 17th December 2005, 14:33
Hi,

I would like to fit traction control to my 96 850 T5, i`ve got the Tracs switch, which when operated brings on the Tracs warning light. I`m I right in thinking that all i need now is a Tracs/abs unit ?

You will need a TRACS ABS/ECU (about £550 from Volvo) and new ABS Pump with the TRACS option, which is about £790.

Not worth it IMO!

oblark
Saturday 17th December 2005, 18:28
You will need a TRACS ABS/ECU (about £550 from Volvo) and new ABS Pump with the TRACS option, which is about £790.

Not worth it IMO!

Ive seen this on ebay, is this that I need ?

Jod T5
Saturday 17th December 2005, 18:33
Hi,

ithink as the others are directing... tracs is crap. :bog: my car came with it and it is useless. apparently it is at its best (although i doubt it makes it worth adding by you) in the snow. :pants: volvo claim it works up to the low 30's mph but as my t5 spins like a maniac in 3rd gear in the dry it seems to me to be a complete waste of time and energy . maybe you should consider a rica 304bhp conversion........ only one winner for me as someone with both rica and tracs lol

oblark
Saturday 17th December 2005, 18:39
ithink as the others are directing... tracs is crap. :bog: my car came with it and it is useless. apparently it is at its best (although i doubt it makes it worth adding by you) in the snow. :pants: volvo claim it works up to the low 30's mph but as my t5 spins like a maniac in 3rd gear in the dry it seems to me to be a complete waste of time and energy . maybe you should consider a rica 304bhp conversion........ only one winner for me as someone with both rica and tracs lol

Ok, The sound and fell of 225 BHP try to find some grip on a damp road wins then :B_steerin

A 280 BHP rica conversion is on the cards for next summer .

Jod T5
Saturday 17th December 2005, 18:44
Ok, The sound and fell of 225 BHP try to find some grip on a damp road wins then :B_steerin

A 280 BHP rica conversion is on the cards for next summer .

have no doubt dude.... :rally_dri ...