PDA

View Full Version : C70 Headlamp washers

Cubes
Tuesday 26th November 2019, 10:00
Hi all.
I recently had my front bumper resprayed which meant it was taken off and replaced. Since then I’ve got problems with the headlamp washer jets.
Basically, there is enough pressure to extend both nozzles, but only the offside jet sprays and only trickles out on the second ‘squirt’. The near side one doesn’t spray at all (and this one, I think, is closest to the pump).
I took the car back and he’s had the bumper off but cannot find an issue.

Any suggestions please??

kmb
Tuesday 26th November 2019, 15:20
Maybe it's the most obvious thing, blocked washer jets caused by the disconnection of the pipes (to remove the bumper) dislodging some dirt/grime?

Cubes
Tuesday 26th November 2019, 22:43
Maybe it's the most obvious thing, blocked washer jets caused by the disconnection of the pipes (to remove the bumper) dislodging some dirt/grime?

You don’t have to actually disconnect anything. Other than the washer nozzle caps the rest is behind/through the bumper bar. Tried unblocking the jets but still nothing :(

LeeT5
Wednesday 27th November 2019, 06:52
The most likely issue is the rubber pipes going to the washer jets have not been correctly routed.
Even the slightest kink will hinder the performance.

Cubes
Thursday 28th November 2019, 23:57
The most likely issue is the rubber pipes going to the washer jets have not been correctly routed.
Even the slightest kink will hinder the performance.

That’s what I’m hoping mate. Thing is, I’m sure they don’t need to be touched when taking the bumper off and removing it. Seems like an obvious place to start and the cheapest to resolve!