PDA

View Full Version : S60R front lower control arm bushes

Nick0
Tuesday 5th November 2019, 21:45
Just had the annual service Volvo say my S60R front lower control arm bushes need replacing, has anyone done a how to ?
Thanks in advance,
Nick0

MoleT-5R
Sunday 10th November 2019, 13:36
Just a replaceable arm from what I remember from doing External Errors front lower arms, we fitted them on a campsite in wales so, no major tools required, you can get the bushes pushed out and replace them with poly bushes, or just replace the whole arm, just don't muddle up the left and right, else the job will take longer than it should, as it did in our case, till we spotted the error and then it was about 15-20mins a side, nice and easy.

Nick0
Thursday 14th November 2019, 12:27
Just a replaceable arm from what I remember from doing External Errors front lower arms, we fitted them on a campsite in wales so, no major tools required, you can get the bushes pushed out and replace them with poly bushes, or just replace the whole arm, just don't muddle up the left and right, else the job will take longer than it should, as it did in our case, till we spotted the error and then it was about 15-20mins a side, nice and easy.

thanks Mole - was this just doing the bushes?

MoleT-5R
Saturday 16th November 2019, 10:02
thanks Mole - was this just doing the bushes?

we just replaced the complete arms, as Stewart had bought some second hand ones, that had had the bushes replaced with polybushes already, hope that helps.