PDA

View Full Version : auto box filter

freddyboyj
Friday 6th September 2019, 20:31
hi all i have a 2004 s80 d5 goes like the clappers but have a problem with the gear box when hot. i have changed transmission fluid then it ran better for a few days,i wondered if there was a filter and where it is located, any advice welcome. thanks

LeeT5
Saturday 7th September 2019, 10:03
hi all i have a 2004 s80 d5 goes like the clappers but have a problem with the gear box when hot. i have changed transmission fluid then it ran better for a few days,i wondered if there was a filter and where it is located, any advice welcome. thanks

There is no filter.
Sounds like the box may be slipping when hot? if so, it's likely the transmission bands are knackered.

New gearbox mate or overhaul!!

Harvey
Saturday 7th September 2019, 10:11
Try to get somebody to reset the gearbox software adaptation for a fluid change.
The daft thing is there is a filter in the gearbox but is got to be totally stripped to pieces to get to it, Definitely not a DIY job.
correct fluid level when hot ? , As said looking like a rebuild is required.

LeeT5
Saturday 7th September 2019, 10:42
Try to get somebody to reset the gearbox software adaptation for a fluid change.
The daft thing is there is a filter in the gearbox but is got to be totally stripped to pieces to get to it, Definitely not a DIY job.

Oh yes, gearbox adaption may help (doesn't in most cases and if it does, it lasts about 10 miles).

Reference the filter.....Hence the rebuild! :wink:

freddyboyj
Saturday 7th September 2019, 11:20
There is no filter.
Sounds like the box may be slipping when hot? if so, it's likely the transmission bands are knackered.

New gearbox mate or overhaul!!

Thanks for the speedy reply, will see if i can pick up a replacement box

freddyboyj
Saturday 7th September 2019, 11:23

freddyboyj
Saturday 7th September 2019, 11:24
Oh yes, gearbox adaption may help (doesn't in most cases and if it does, it lasts about 10 miles).

Reference the filter.....Hence the rebuild! :wink: