PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 mile meets, are they dead?

T5frankie
Sunday 7th April 2019, 16:24
as above, nobody seems to be making these meets now shakespeare is no more, nobody interested in santa pod?

martin_r_smith
Tuesday 9th April 2019, 19:12
Problem with santa pod is it gets stupid busy and you have to queue for hours (where you can't see the action) just to maybe get 2 runs on a day. At least with shakey you could still watch the racing whilst queueing.

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 10th April 2019, 12:37
Welcome back Frankie, I might be up for a pod meet later in the year, just a bit busy at present.

gsxrboy
Wednesday 10th April 2019, 17:40
Straightliners run events at many tracks including East Kirkby this weekend, cars are running Saturday.

gsxrboy
Wednesday 10th April 2019, 17:51
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1589935544623853/

MoleT-5R
Thursday 11th April 2019, 15:35
Looks interesting, but unfortunately too shorter notice for what I need to get done before olive can rip up the track once more, but I will be keeping an eye out for future meets.

T5frankie
Wednesday 17th April 2019, 06:40
Problem with santa pod is it gets stupid busy and you have to queue for hours (where you can't see the action) just to maybe get 2 runs on a day. At least with shakey you could still watch the racing whilst queueing.
Having been many many times and living next door I can say it's nowhere near that bad,

martin_r_smith
Wednesday 17th April 2019, 20:23
I must of been on particularly busy days then.

smithy
Sunday 21st April 2019, 23:56
The is supposed to be a meet on the 28/29th of Sep at pod with a meet-up of volvos too :they are trying organise it on facearse .im interested because I’m working on my 940 to get it back on the road now .i don’t have any volvos now apart from that one .

woz
Thursday 30th May 2019, 20:41
.. but mine would not make it 1/4 mile up our road, let alone balls out up the strip.
W LOL

smithy
Thursday 12th September 2019, 20:14
The will be a meet on the Saturday 28th sep santapod if anybody is interested.im going defo and camping sat night

Jamest5r
Friday 13th September 2019, 08:06
It all went to pot after I left, seriously though we all had some great times at the 1/4 mile meets,

stribo
Friday 13th September 2019, 09:11
It all went to pot after I left, seriously though we all had some great times at the 1/4 mile meets,

We only used to go to watch you break your car, or Frankie bend a rod. ��

LeeT5
Friday 13th September 2019, 11:19

Yeah and at the slightest whiff of a light shower, they close the track for two hours!

Jamest5r
Friday 13th September 2019, 11:53
We only used to go to watch you break your car, or Frankie bend a rod. ��

At least we put a 100% commitment for your entertainment

MoleT-5R
Friday 13th September 2019, 13:43

Yes it is odd how the land owners suddenly decided to stop racing and build houses when you left.....was it the finders fee you got, that allowed you to go and retire in Aus :shhh::shhh::shhh::lol::lol::lol:

stribo
Friday 13th September 2019, 22:18
Yes it is odd how the land owners suddenly decided to stop racing and build houses when you left.....was it the finders fee you got, that allowed you to go and retire in Aus :shhh::shhh::shhh::lol::lol::lol:

No it was weighing in all the broken parts of his car for scrap.:rotfl::rotfl:

MoleT-5R
Saturday 14th September 2019, 11:36
No it was weighing in all the broken parts of his car for scrap.:rotfl::rotfl:

Parts of the gearbox that exploded at Shakey are still running fine in my car.....lol

Craigy t5
Friday 3rd January 2020, 23:00
I remember the good old days up at York raceway.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 4th January 2020, 11:59
I remember the good old days up at York raceway.

If the Staightliners manage to raise all the cash they need, we could all be racing there again, soon by the looks of it.