PDA

View Full Version : S70 ME7 manifold

S7010v
Saturday 15th September 2018, 11:23
Hi, been reading some threads on other forums and a few people say that the newer ME7 intake is a good performance modification.
Is this a simple fit? And what are the benefits of this manifold?

People also say that the S60R injectors will also benefit the older engines, again I don’t know if that’s true.

Thanks for looking

MoleT-5R
Saturday 15th September 2018, 13:38
I only know of one person who has done this, It seemed a lot of work for what seemed to be very little gain, and he has swapped back now to the older manifold, search Oblark's 850 project threads. As for the S60R injectors, they could be a good upgrade, but will need a re-map to get the fuelling correct.

Shinsplintz 101
Saturday 15th September 2018, 13:57
The me7 & me9 manifolds are less restricted & do flow better, so is a worthwhile upgrade, but only if your going to pop a 3" down pipe on, 200 or 100 cel cat / deCat plus a 2.5 or 3" exhaust. Otherwise the addition flow is pointless as the original DP & exhaust will negate any gains.

Big greens will flow more fuel over blue/whites but general consensus is VXR injectors are a better upgrade (better spray pattern + are more easily mapable iirc) As mentioned above, change the injectors change the map, or you will run massively rich & potentially wash out your bores, knackering your engine in the process.

Have fun.....

MoleT-5R
Saturday 15th September 2018, 14:30
The me7 & me9 manifolds are less restricted & do flow better, so is a worthwhile upgrade, but only if your going to pop a 3" down pipe on, 200 or 100 cel cat / deCat plus a 2.5 or 3" exhaust. Otherwise the addition flow is pointless as the original DP & exhaust will negate any gains.

Have fun.....

Even though you are quite correct here, the OP was talking about the me7 Intake manifold, A mistake I nearly made too...

S7010v
Sunday 16th September 2018, 14:17
Thanks for the advice, another question regarding manifolds.
Would a VVIS manifold be beneficial on a S70 and would it take a lot to set up.

Regarding the injectors, I have already fitted a less restrictive cat and larger exhaust, as well as a 960 throttle plate, which feels a lot torquer at the bottom end of the Rev range.

Thanks for the advice

LeeT5
Wednesday 14th August 2019, 08:15
Hmm that is a bit difficult since I dont have the 12 with me when I am collecting the fj20e and maybe the manifold.

Is that like the only problem? Because I think I have read somewhere about differences between LHD and RHD?

If you enjoyed this post and you would certainly such as to obtain additional facts regarding What is the average salary in Amsterdam or Do you need a realtor to rent an apartment kindly visit our <link removed>
What?????

ADMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we get this idiot kicked? Not even an intro thread. I believe he's spamming the forum.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 18th August 2019, 11:56
What?????

ADMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we get this idiot kicked? Not even an intro thread. I believe he's spamming the forum.

As the post has disappeared, I'm assuming action has been taken, over his useless random posts and thread revivals....:cuckoo: