PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for new Tyres for my R

jellison
Wednesday 12th September 2018, 15:58
The Toyo something or others are starting to go.

What are you guys putting on for a goo combo of grip and durability.

Cheers
Jon

martin_r_smith
Wednesday 12th September 2018, 18:24
How did you get on last week?

abdul
Wednesday 12th September 2018, 23:15
Goodyear f3

jellison
Friday 14th September 2018, 11:21
Thanks Abdul, back up what I was thinking, have had a few versions of these on last T5 in 16 and 17". Cool will get these when run Toyo's out.

Martin. Big improvement - Ecu cloned, will let Mapper know to chuck original in bin once car been on rollers. Now revs out cleanly through the dodgy mid 3500's where the boost was being cut by the dodgy original ecu. How the first few owner drove it with ~270bhp and extra weight is beyond me! Dyno next week (they love me down there!).

martin_r_smith
Friday 14th September 2018, 19:54
What day are you going to the garage? I'll be there Thursday or Friday doing some bits on the 240.

LeeT5
Saturday 15th September 2018, 08:17
The Toyo something or others are starting to go.

What are you guys putting on for a goo combo of grip and durability.

Cheers
Jon

I personally find Goodyears/Pirelli over priced for what they are.

I use and highly recommend Dunlop Sport Maxx RT. https://www.dunlop.eu/en_gb/consumer/tires/sport_maxx_rt.SPTMAXXRT.html#

Has a great looking tread pattern and has a nice smooth sidewall, which makes it a joy to smooth tyre gel onto ;)

Otherwise, grip is fantastic and there lasting a very long time with no wearing issues like feathering or going out of shape.

Ric@rdo
Saturday 15th September 2018, 11:22
A good friend of mine has those Dunlop fitted in his modded T5 with 18" and he loves them. I'm a Michelin guy. On my T5 I have 17" and can only fit PS4 but if I had 18" it would be Sport Cup 2 :)

jellison
Tuesday 18th September 2018, 15:19
Thanks guys. Hopefully stretch out till the end of the year.