PDA

View Full Version : Volvo UK World Record Attempt April 2019

stephenevans99
Sunday 19th August 2018, 21:49
Volvo Guinness World Record Attempt - 21st April 2019

600 VOLVOS NEEDED....Read On

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/WORLD%20RECORD%20ATTEMPT/WORLD%20RECORD.png

The current Guinness World Record for the largest parade of Volvo cars is 570 and was achieved by Volvo Forum in association with Auto Boss (Poland) in Katowice, Poland on September 2010. The parade started on the border between Katowice and Chorzow and ended along the dual carriageway in Katowice. People travelled from Germany, Norway and Slovakia to witness the attempt.

Our sights are firmly fixed on beating this World Record and we need your help....

Classic Car Weekly reports:

A Volvo Facebook group wants to smash the current world record for the most Volvos travelling over a measured mile - and needs your help.

VolvoTuning.Net (VT) has been in touch with the Volvo Owners Club, Volvo Enthusiasts' Club & Volvo Owners' Scotland to break the record of 570 Volvos in convoy, set eight years ago in Poland. The attempt is open to any classic or current Volvo owner, regardless of club membership.

News of VolvoTuning.Net's bid, submitted to Guinness World Records, has stirred several American Volvo clubs into action. Stuart Mills, group admin, says: 'We must beat the Americans. Any breakdowns on the day and we'll get out and push, strictly to Guinness regulations, you understand!'

Stuart remains confident that at least 600 cars could be made available for a record attempt next year. A tentative date is set for Sunday 21 April 2019.

The venue for this World Record attempt is presently undecided although Bruntinthorpe & Rockingham have been suggested amongst many others.

Sunday 21st April is currently the day you need to mark on your calendar...cancel everything else. UK Volvo Community Needs You.

Will post updates as they arrive.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/Volvo%20Tuning/Meets/ROCKINGHAM/DSC05449.jpg

MoleT-5R
Monday 20th August 2018, 05:03
I should be able to bring along at least one volvo for the attempt, should be quite a sight.

foammanmark
Thursday 30th August 2018, 20:50
Would love to bring the C70 T5 to this.

MoleT-5R
Friday 31st August 2018, 07:33
Just got my 2019 work schedule and the good news is that, I'm on a week off when the attempt is happening, that's me in for sure.... :)

abdul
Friday 31st August 2018, 23:22
Will try and make it

stephenevans99
Saturday 1st September 2018, 09:26
Just got my 2019 work schedule and the good news is that, I'm on a week off when the attempt is happening, that's me in for sure.... :)

Standbye on that.....Updates on their way shortly. We now have confirmation of Venue and Date and will hopefully be making the Official announcement this weekend....sadly the date has changed due to availability at the venue. Updates soon.....

stephenevans99
Saturday 1st September 2018, 14:26
WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT 2019

Max Millsy and VT Admins are proud to announce the Official Date & Venue for the 2019 World Record Attempt of 600 Volvos.

SUNDAY 31st MARCH 2019......BRUNTINGTHORPE 🏁🏁🏁

Cancel all foreign holidays, birthdays & wedding arrangements....Sunday 31st March 2019 is the Official Date when the Volvo Community Needs You !!

The Venue is Bruntingthorpe... boasting a Runway of 3000m, or 1.86 Miles in old money....perfect to get 600 rolling Volvos to break the current World Record.

Bruntingthorpe is centrally located just south of Leicester and conveniently just off the M1...allowing easy access from all corners of the Country.

With just 7 Months to go until the World Record Attempt, we need you to spread the word, share with friends and colleagues, convince neighbours to buy a Volvo and have Sunday 31st March burnt to memory.

#VOLVO600

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/stephenevans99/WORLD%20RECORD%20ATTEMPT/WORLD%20RECORD%20POSTER%20DOUBLE.png

foammanmark
Saturday 1st September 2018, 20:15
Will try and make it

Hi Abdul, if you come in my old Laser, you might not be going Home in it!!

abdul
Saturday 1st September 2018, 21:00
Hi Abdul, if you come in my old Laser, you might not be going Home in it!!

I need to buy another volvo

Harvey
Saturday 1st September 2018, 22:02
Looking forward to a Volvo caR day :wiggle:

kmb
Sunday 2nd September 2018, 10:24
I'd like to go to this if I can, I'll be in the C30 though :o

wiganer31
Thursday 6th September 2018, 01:14
I'm definitely up for this and will bring atleast one of the volvos. Do we need to sign up for this somehow?

stephenevans99
Thursday 6th September 2018, 07:44
I'm definitely up for this and will bring atleast one of the volvos. Do we need to sign up for this somehow?

Superb....no need to Officially Sign Up for the event but there is a Poll on the Facebook Page where you can register your attendance.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1371927366275040/ *Poll is located in Announcements at the top of the page

charlesboya
Thursday 13th September 2018, 08:18
Will try to be there, sounds a great idea.

stephenevans99
Thursday 13th September 2018, 13:17
The event has really started to take flight. Volvo UK are now officially supporting the World Record Attempt both in promoting the event and on the actual day.

We have also decided to support Breast Cancer Care for the World Record Attempt....seemed appropriate since Sunday 31st march is Mother's Day.

charlesboya
Thursday 13th September 2018, 14:03
The event has really started to take flight. Volvo UK are now officially supporting the World Record Attempt both in promoting the event and on the actual day.

We have also decided to support Breast Cancer Care for the World Record Attempt....seemed appropriate since Sunday 31st march is Mother's Day.

Excellent news, well done Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

V70dan
Saturday 22nd September 2018, 11:23
Oh hi guys and girls I am gunna have a visit and I will contribute two or three Volvo's 1999 V70 estate 1999 C70 t5 saffron and my new but old v90 drift car looking forward to it already am sure we will achieve .

V70dan
Saturday 22nd September 2018, 11:24
Date update please .

Timo.
Sunday 23rd September 2018, 11:00

MoleT-5R
Sunday 23rd September 2018, 11:54
I think I read a post on FB that they had reached the 500 mark, but I would think they will need at least 700 sign up for 600 to turn up on the day, as meets go and people drop out and things change as the attempt day gets closer. I am hoping to get a minimum of 2 there, but my winter goal is to have 4 ready to attend, a tall order but we'll see.

Harvey
Sunday 23rd September 2018, 14:07
I think I read a post on FB that they had reached the 500 mark, but I would think they will need at least 700 sign up for 600 to turn up on the day, as meets go and people drop out and things change as the attempt day gets closer. I am hoping to get a minimum of 2 there, but my winter goal is to have 4 ready to attend, a tall order but we'll see.

Had 624 first thing today.

Potato pete
Saturday 13th October 2018, 18:28
Count me in.

Can someone please confirm the date? March or April?

Thanks

Pete

stephenevans99
Saturday 13th October 2018, 18:48
Count me in.

Can someone please confirm the date? March or April?

Thanks

Pete

Excellent stuff.....the date is Officially Sunday 31st March 2019 :B_thumb:

M-R-P
Tuesday 16th October 2018, 16:12
If I still had a volvo, I'd be there.

LeeT5
Wednesday 17th October 2018, 00:06
Sorry I can't make it that weekend. I'm working and I can't shiftswap :cussing:

p fandango
Thursday 27th December 2018, 14:12
just thought i'd get this post going again, the facebook group is now upto 833 confirmed Volvo's attending. That doesn't include people taking more than 1 car, or obviously those not on Facebook. 1200 cars has been mentioned by those in charge, so its going to be an amazing day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmty9BKdHQU

#becauseNOSH

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 2nd January 2019, 19:09
just thought i'd get this post going again, the facebook group is now upto 833 confirmed Volvo's attending. That doesn't include people taking more than 1 car, or obviously those not on Facebook. 1200 cars has been mentioned by those in charge, so its going to be an amazing day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmty9BKdHQU

#becauseNOSH

If the organisers can get everybody onto the venue and lined up in time...???....I hope they can as I will be investing quite a large amount just in fuel to help the cause, I hope to run 4 volvo's that day and I hope we can smash the record.

V70dan
Sunday 3rd March 2019, 11:24
March the 31st bruntingthorpe record .
Any one traveling from a far want to convoy the last bit of the journey meet at the Leicester forest east services SOUTH bound south bound @ 9am will leave there about 9.45 as I am a local this is the best place to meet then convoy the last 30minutes to the air field hope to see many Volvo's come out for the day see you all on the 31st march 2019

V70dan
Sunday 3rd March 2019, 11:32
March the 31st bruntingthorpe record .
Any one traveling from a far want to convoy the last bit of the journey meet at the Leicester forest east services SOUTH bound south bound @ 9am will leave there about 9.45 as I am a local this is the best place to meet then convoy the last 30minutes to the air field hope to see many Volvo's come out for the day see you all on the 31st march 2019

kennyt5
Friday 27th September 2019, 00:14
It's a shame that it failed to beat the record (*), but here's to the 2020 attempt.

(*) not recognised by Guinness World Records.

Timo.
Friday 27th September 2019, 08:08
It's a shame that it failed to beat the record (*), but here's to the 2020 attempt.

(*) not recognised by Guinness World Records.

How come? Thought the record had been smashed.

stribo
Friday 27th September 2019, 20:01
How come? Thought the record had been smashed.

Fake news. ;)

kennyt5
Friday 27th September 2019, 20:22
Guinness denied the record attempt, It was deemed that the spacing between the cars on the parade lap was excessive and therefore it didn't count.

GWR page confirms Poland meeting record still stands.
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-parade-of-volvo-cars

I believe another attempt is being planned for 28th June 2020.

MoleT-5R
Saturday 28th September 2019, 19:14
Not sure I'll bother after last times fiasco, the goal posts were moved and no one was told we were trying for 2 different records than the one we were orginallly going for, so when the cars moved off by line and not all together as we originally were informed, then no one knew what was happening and no wonder there were big gaps....total waste of a day and the fuel too.....very disappointed in the organisation tbh

Timo.
Sunday 6th October 2019, 11:04
What a sham.... Glad I didn't bother going. That is mega frustrating.