PDA

View Full Version : Serpentine belt.

siamblue
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 09:07
Just been in contact with a auto parts shop about a serp/aux belt for my 97/98 S70 T5 with aircon, apparently they're 2 possibly 3 belts that could fit my car,
does anyone know the correct length? as i don't want to take it off to find it is wrong.

Gary

madness
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 11:57
they changed the length as a supercession. sorry i dont have the exact length as it is not on a belt but the latest one is a bit shorter than the original, and is a bitch to fit.
how much are they asking? volvo are not much over £20 and then you know it will fit.

hamish
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 12:04
Gary,

Almost certainly a 6PK1**0 !

In stock and ready for delivery !

Regards,
Hamish.
HLM / Chip Tuning.

siamblue
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 12:07
Thanks guys, Yes there were 2 length both within 10 mm of each other,
Price was about £16 inc of vat,
Hamish can you pm me with the cost and postage please, otherwise i will just go to Volvo and get my 10% off.

Gary

Babybadger
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 12:13
Just been in contact with a auto parts shop about a serp/aux belt for my 97/98 S70 T5 with aircon, apparently they're 2 possibly 3 belts that could fit my car,
does anyone know the correct length? as i don't want to take it off to find it is wrong.

Gary

Was there a visible code on the outside of the belt?

siamblue
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 12:41
Was there a visible code on the outside of the belt?

All i did was phone up, apparently as Madness pointed out they changed the length a little, probably why they have more than one belt for my car lol.

Straker
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 12:51
Siamblue

Make sure you get it right, I spent two hours at the weekend trying to fit an aftermarket belt to mine. On the outside they looked the same and a quick measurement showed they were the same lenght only the old belt fitted and the new one just wouldn't go on.

Got the Volvo bit now so will try fitting that at the weekend. i'll let you know how I get on.

madness
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 14:56
they are a bit of a bugger and require a lever bar for the new type.
why they did that is beyond me.

weasel
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 15:00
the new longer belt is tight, soak it in hot water. got mine from volvo dealer due to faffing around with wrong length belt supplied. i think the shorter one had a different routing.

siamblue
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 15:15
the new longer belt is tight, soak it in hot water. got mine from volvo dealer due to faffing around with wrong length belt supplied. i think the shorter one had a different routing.

Thanks chaps, sounds like a bit of a mare, will give it a go, might borrow the step fathers car and take my old one with me.

Engineer
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 15:33
Thanks chaps, sounds like a bit of a mare, will give it a go, might borrow the step fathers car and take my old one with me.Bring it with you 2 morow the Elf's will do it. One of them is s--t hot at belts.

siamblue
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 17:30
Pm'ed Gary.