PDA

View Full Version : DIAGNOSTICS tab greyed out on VIDA?

Tee5alive
Friday 1st June 2018, 18:33
Got the VIDA up and running ( or so I thought), plugged it in the dice was all good this time reading the car and identified the car filling in the details.

However no matter what I try I cant get into the DIAGNOSTICS which is what I badly need to sort my D5. The tab is greyed out??

Any ideas anyone please?

Thanks

Yosser
Saturday 2nd June 2018, 19:27
Make sure the country / region is set correctly.

Tee5alive
Sunday 3rd June 2018, 05:34
Ahh ok i did check twice that is was et to UK(GB) BUT in the accompanying video it shows them clicking on CH or something? But it I do that wont all the diagnostics come out in Swiss or German??

Thanks tough Yosser I'll look into this!

Yosser
Sunday 3rd June 2018, 08:27
TBH I haven't used vida for a little while so I'm a bit rusty. I just have a vague recollection of being in the same situation and I'm pretty sure it was the country that did it. Good luck!

LeeT5
Monday 4th June 2018, 07:43
You have to select the one that says EU in it. There isn't one that says UK as far as I remember.

Tee5alive
Tuesday 5th June 2018, 00:00
Aaaah OK Thanks Lee

LeeT5
Tuesday 5th June 2018, 08:29
Did it work?

Tee5alive
Tuesday 5th June 2018, 21:28
Did it work?

not had a chance to look yet Im finishing my night shifts tonight so will look tomorrow!

Tee5alive
Thursday 7th June 2018, 12:26
Hi Lee

well I deleted Vida and tried loading it with the setting it shows in the video that came with it - this turned out to be CHINESE didnt work and I couldnt understand a thing. So deleted and reloaded it with the UK(GB) option. This time I got my log book out and filled in the GEARBOX and BODY type DIFFERENTLY and voila!! DIAGNOSTICS is back on.

Good job too as I headed down to the South coast in the D5, to vist my old dad in his care home. 50 miles from home it went into 'slug mode' so had to limp back to the yard! Need the VIDA desperately now!

Changed the settings in these two

NOW the DIAGNOSTICS is lit again - so off to the car!

LeeT5
Saturday 9th June 2018, 10:09
LOL, the diagnostics tab will always be greyed out until you fill in the relevant fields. No matter, you live and learn.

I thought you'd done this anyway as it's important to tell VIDA what type of car your working on and what it's expected to communicate with.