PDA

View Full Version : Correct rear calipers for a 1999 volvo v70 r awd

NECC
Tuesday 29th May 2018, 20:28
Can anyone supply me the correct part numbers or a direct link to the correct rear calipers for my 1999 car please as my local parts supplier so far have given the wrong ones 3 times and I'm starting to loose the will to live.3211332114

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 29th May 2018, 20:44
Phase 2 or 3 as they changed to vented in that year on the ph3, as I'm sure you already know..aren't the solid calipers. , just the same as normal 850's and v70's whether awd or 2wd ..?

NECC
Saturday 16th June 2018, 20:22
Phase 2 or 3 as they changed to vented in that year on the ph3, as I'm sure you already know..aren't the solid calipers. , just the same as normal 850's and v70's whether awd or 2wd ..?

Sorry for late reply, to be honest I know very little about mechanics on the car as I've always trusted others to do the work for me. Caliper issue wasn't resolved as car devolped some more issues so has been parked up as I spat my dummy out with it.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 17th June 2018, 11:34
Sorry for late reply, to be honest I know very little about mechanics on the car as I've always trusted others to do the work for me. Caliper issue wasn't resolved as car devolped some more issues so has been parked up as I spat my dummy out with it.

Looking back at your pictures in the OP, this shows the calipers on solid rear discs. Were the ones supplied wrong because they were slightly different in design and didn't have holes to take the spring retaining clip (Early p1 850/v70 awd) or too big (Then they where they most probably were the later p2 type)....?

NECC
Friday 22nd June 2018, 20:14
Looking back at your pictures in the OP, this shows the calipers on solid rear discs. Were the ones supplied wrong because they were slightly different in design and didn't have holes to take the spring retaining clip (Early p1 850/v70 awd) or too big (Then they where they most probably were the later p2 type)....?

My initial issue was not being able to get my local parts supplier being able to supply me with a replacement drivers caliper. Even my local independent Volvo garage are struggling lol