PDA

View Full Version : My D5 detuned!! Well, sort of...

volvotuning
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 00:02
Was doing some development work today, and in the process I decided to put my car back to the normal RICA tune. To be fair, I think I actually prefer it to the sports tune. It's smoother, has more linear power delivery, better traction, and just generally nicer to drive than the sports tune. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have the shear grunt of the sports tune, nor does it have the same aggresive performance so ultimately it's not as "mad" to drive, but it's still very fast in a refined way. It's a slightly revised version of software too, so I'll be doing some dyno testing with it and let you know the results.

Adam.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 00:11
Speaking of results - can you email or post up the late Felicity's dyno chart.

volvotuning
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 00:29
Last time you asked me for that, you decided to launch the C70 into space! I think your dyno chart is jinxed!!! :)

Adam.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 00:52
either way it cant do any harm now?

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 08:35
Was doing some development work today, and in the process I decided to put my car back to the normal RICA tune. To be fair, I think I actually prefer it to the sports tune. It's smoother, has more linear power delivery, better traction, and just generally nicer to drive than the sports tune. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have the shear grunt of the sports tune, nor does it have the same aggresive performance so ultimately it's not as "mad" to drive, but it's still very fast in a refined way. It's a slightly revised version of software too, so I'll be doing some dyno testing with it and let you know the results.

Adam.

The older you get the less quickly you want to go - I put it down to your age Ad :remybussi

x

volvotuning
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 09:09
Yeah well, at 31 maybe you're right!!! However, you still get one of these for saying that - :troutslap

Adam.

edited cos I got my own age wrong!!! haha

Vikingxl
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 09:45
Yeah well, at 31 maybe you're right!!! However, you still get one of these for saying that - :troutslap

Adam.

edited cos I got my own age wrong!!! haha

Senile as well then

chriskay
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 09:49
The older you get the less quickly you want to go - I put it down to your age Ad :remybussi

x
Who put that crazy idea in your head, Moppy? :troutslap

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 10:03
Who put that crazy idea in your head, Moppy? :troutslap

Ah, good point!!! LOL You are definately the exception to the rule

x