PDA

View Full Version : Strut brace

BigJC
Tuesday 13th December 2005, 22:24
I fitted my strut brace today and went for a quick test drive. Initial turn in has improved but not helped by odd crap tyres on the front, however even though the road was a little greasy I was able to get big lift off oversteer which nearly caught me out to start but after a few roundabouts I was enjoying myself!!

£75.....bargain!

Eibachs next!

Tomcat
Tuesday 13th December 2005, 22:27
I noticed that too when I fitted mine, makes them a damn site more predictable though eh?..

BlackBeast
Tuesday 13th December 2005, 22:32
£75.....bargain!

ummm, no :jaw: :bog:

BigJC
Tuesday 13th December 2005, 22:43
I thought £75 for a new OEM part was reasonable! I half expected Volvo parts dude to ask for my kidney or deeds to my house as with most stealers when you ask for something other than an oil filter.

fraz13
Tuesday 13th December 2005, 22:46
Thats what I paid for mine too, at least its a genuine Volvo part and not a immatation that you could have got for a saving of a whole £10

S60D5
Tuesday 13th December 2005, 22:54
Do they do one for the S60? Lol.

arbee
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 19:30
I'm surprised a part like this makes such an apparent difference. In my experience with non Volvos these thinks have really only been for cosmetic purposes with minimal functionality. I have even heard of suspension turrts being damaged due to the extar forces being employed upon them. The fact that they are an OEM part is making me quite tempted! What cars (if any) were they fitted to as original equipment?

Engineer
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 19:35
Do they do one for the S60? Lol.You don't need one. :haha: Oil burners will always understeer of the road .........anyway!

Engineer
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 19:38
I'm surprised a part like this makes such an apparent difference. In my experience with non Volvos these thinks have really only been for cosmetic purposes with minimal functionality. I have even heard of suspension turrts being damaged due to the extar forces being employed upon them. The fact that they are an OEM part is making me quite tempted! What cars (if any) were they fitted to as original equipment?How deep are you buried in deepest Essex? The word is extra by the way :haha:

dicky b t5
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 20:03
I'm surprised a part like this makes such an apparent difference. In my experience with non Volvos these thinks have really only been for cosmetic purposes with minimal functionality. I have even heard of suspension turrts being damaged due to the extar forces being employed upon them. The fact that they are an OEM part is making me quite tempted! What cars (if any) were they fitted to as original equipment?
Arbee, get one for your Gul mate, you wont look back.....!!

arbee
Wednesday 14th December 2005, 22:06
Arbee, get one for your Gul mate, you wont look back.....!!
To much expenditure, too close to chrimbo, too little cash!

Vikingxl
Thursday 15th December 2005, 06:24
Might have to splash out on one after Chrstmas and give it a try.

arbee
Thursday 15th December 2005, 07:00
How deep are you buried in deepest Essex? The word is extra by the way :haha:
actually 'burried' on the outskirts - Harlow. Can see I'm going to have to watch my typos lol :) (I blame the keyboard.... )