PDA

View Full Version : seat problem

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Thursday 17th February 2005, 12:39
hello everybody,just a quick question......

ever since i have had my car,the pASSENGER HEATED SEAT HAS WORKED FINE,BUT THE DRIVERS SIDE HAS'NT!

I AM THINKING IT COULD BE BROKE,BUT IS THEIR SOMETHING THAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENDED TO IT,LIKE A FUSE OR SOMETHING,
IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT IT,THAT WOULD BE COOL.

CHEERS LADS.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 17th February 2005, 12:56
I bet it is the same problem as mine. The heater wires can hang down and get kicked/disconnected by the passengers in the back. With the seat in place - undo the 4 bolts and slide backwards from the keyhole slots (whilst sitting in the rear seat). Its a bit of a git but they do move eventually. Push the seat forward so it rests on the steering wheel
You need to check the connection which feed into the hole in the base of the seat. You will then need to do a repair - solder or use other connectors to reattach the broken wires.

If it aint that then I dunno. You can check the integrity of the connection without removing the seat - but you will need a hand mirror and a torch to inspect the wiring (from the rear footwell)

izzysnan
Thursday 17th February 2005, 18:02
Don't forget that there is a recall on heated seats on the 850 T5, so if you can't find the fault like Dave850r said a volvo dealer should check it out for free - one of the earlier posts lists the chassis numbers if I remember correctly

Ivan
Friday 18th February 2005, 17:55
Same problem here - it used to work, until one cold frosty morning my arse realised it wasn't as toasty as it had become accustomed to. The culpret was the wiring underneath, it had been knocked/snagged and didn't connect anymore :-(